The Queen of the South thread

Took in the reserve game the other day as usual. No first team players this time, and most of the better youths missing.

Iain Wilson could walk backwards into the Queens midfield this season, but instead he's back at Palmerston breezing past a bunch of teenagers. Dom Thomas was also dominant. Surely it'd be better for Wilson and Thomas to come back for some first team games, but of course easier said than done.

Benji Luissint looked ok, hit the post on a 1 on 1 breakaway that he earned himself. Jack Leighfield had a few good saves but looked short on confidence with kicking and crosses. 3-0 down at half time but much more organised in the 2nd half, finished 4-0, could've been worse. 

It's a right mismatch that reserve league. Our boys will be learning how to be defensively disciplined against superior opposition, and the game time obviously helped David Norman and Connor Murray last season, but I often wonder how beneficial it is to be getting regularly pumped by future/current Premier League players. Not sure why Queens and Morton are in this league whilst Ayr and Livi are a level below.

11 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Took in the reserve game the other day as usual. No first team players this time, and most of the better youths missing.

Iain Wilson could walk backwards into the Queens midfield this season, but instead he's back at Palmerston breezing past a bunch of teenagers. Dom Thomas was also dominant. Surely it'd be better for Wilson and Thomas to come back for some first team games, but of course easier said than done.

Benji Luissint looked ok, hit the post on a 1 on 1 breakaway that he earned himself. Jack Leighfield had a few good saves but looked short on confidence with kicking and crosses. 3-0 down at half time but much more organised in the 2nd half, finished 4-0, could've been worse. 

It's a right mismatch that reserve league. Our boys will be learning how to be defensively disciplined against superior opposition, and the game time obviously helped David Norman and Connor Murray last season, but I often wonder how beneficial it is to be getting regularly pumped by future/current Premier League players. Not sure why Queens and Morton are in this league whilst Ayr and Livi are a level below.

Dom Thomas just signed a contract extension at Killie so must be part of the Manager's plans.  That doesn't mean of course that he couldn't be put out on loan,  but he's not a relative  youngster any more and there must come a time when Kilmarnock decide he's either a genuine first team contender or on his way out. 

22 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does anyone have an update on the player who was supposed to be signing?

I see Morton got Billy King got a short term deal at Morton. 

What’s happening with the highlights from the Morton game? I know the guy does it in his own time but we’re nearly a week down the line. 

I see Morton got Billy King got a short term deal at Morton. 
What’s happening with the highlights from the Morton game? I know the guy does it in his own time but we’re nearly a week down the line. 
If he had to watch it again to edit it, there's a good chance he's died of boredom.

On 19/09/2019 at 13:11, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does anyone have an update on the player who was supposed to be signing?

We need at least two but if only one then that will have to do 

We were outclassed at Inverness against the better teams in this league we are mlies off it .

Inverness will easily make the top 4 we will struggle to stay in this league unless to somehow add to the squad right now we have to many average players 

We were outclassed at Inverness against the better teams in this league we are mlies off it .
Inverness will easily make the top 4 we will struggle to stay in this league unless to somehow add to the squad right now we have to many average players 
Too many average players? That may be the most positive thing you've ever said.

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I'll bet you any money you like we'll still be in this League at the end of the season,  whether we're still in this division is another matter.