The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We've always been weird about publishing these figures.

Not sure why.  

We could use the figures to get more sold like what the trust did.

Was really hoping for a new signing to give the squad and fans a lift  confidence must be very low but it looks like AJ has used all his budget..

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Who cares how many season tickets we sell. Exactly what benefit would the club gain by publishing this information?

I don't see any great benefit to doing so.

I just think it's unusual that we don't because it is.  Most clubs do.

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Who cares how many season tickets we sell. Exactly what benefit would the club gain by publishing this information?

I'm no expert on marketing but as the recent Trust "campaign" showed, you can have a big social media "push" to reach a particular target which may or may not sell a few more tickets if, for example, we were sitting on 720 and tried to push for 750.  Or "last season we sold 750 can we smash the 800 barrier, our highest total since 2008...".

Knowing how many we have sold from year to year would also be a helpful gauge at the interest levels the club are generating and whether or not that should be worked on.  I assume the club do have this information they just choose not to share it.

I'm certainly not foaming at the mouth about it, but like some I'm curious as to why we don't, and never have.  This isn't a Hewitson thing before the usual suspects get their digs in.  I don't think I've ever seen season ticket sales being published.

I'm no expert on marketing but as the recent Trust "campaign" showed, you can have a big social media "push" to reach a particular target which may or may not sell a few more tickets if, for example, we were sitting on 720 and tried to push for 750.  Or "last season we sold 750 can we smash the 800 barrier, our highest total since 2008...".
Knowing how many we have sold from year to year would also be a helpful gauge at the interest levels the club are generating and whether or not that should be worked on.  I assume the club do have this information they just choose not to share it.
I'm certainly not foaming at the mouth about it, but like some I'm curious as to why we don't, and never have.  This isn't a Hewitson thing before the usual suspects get their digs in.  I don't think I've ever seen season ticket sales being published.

Yes I see the point from a marketing point of view for the reasons you highlight. I’m just not sure why anyone ( not you) would be upset that we don’t announce it at this stage of the season.

14 hours ago, Kunter said:

The only club not to publish them. 

Just a fucking shambles this club in every way. 

Too many many people on this board fishing for a reaction, probably best if you don’t have something constructive to say, stay off it. 

Stirling returns to Stranraer. 
I wonder if the rumours about his attitude are true then. I can't comment on how he performed for Alloa but the fans at Palmerston a few weeks back were calling for him to be brought on. For large parts under GN he wasn't given a run when other options were doing very little.