The Queen of the South thread

24 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Our geographic position does not really matter as we train  at Hamilton .

The problem is money our budget is easily the smallest in the Championship .

We need to get a mix of full and part time players we just can't go on being a full time club .

We might then get the best part time players who are a lot better than the poor full time players we have just now .

Our budget is smaller than the likes of Alloa & Arbroath....? Seriously?? 

1 hour ago, Fitbafollower said:

Holt and Dobbie will be on a good wage

your budget will be similar to Ayr and Morton with the part time clubs on less

Think Queens will be on less... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

16 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

Smaller than alloa or arbroath well I think we better call in the auditors cos things ain't adding up. Our average crowd isn't 1000s behind Ayr ict morton and we're supposed to have year round income 

We had 600 fans less on average at every home game compared to Ayr. 300 Less than Morton & 900 less than ICT last season it all adds up.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

5 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

Ayr had a good year 300 x20 =£6000 for maybe 25 games. We supposed to have 52 week a year income from the pitch and arena still adding up?? 

Ayr 600x20 not 300, hiw much income do the club get from the pitch per year? 

Our geographic position does not really matter as we train  at Hamilton .
The problem is money our budget is easily the smallest in the Championship .
We need to get a mix of full and part time players we just can't go on being a full time club .
We might then get the best part time players who are a lot better than the poor full time players we have just now .

Yes it probably is, Take away Dobbie's wage thats rumoured to be topped up by an outside source. 

I sincerely doubt we're paying less than Arbroath and Alloa. If we were then our players would be better going to one of them and topping up their wages with a job.

Our geographic position means we can look 100 miles east or south for pt players wanting to step up instead of quote getting the dross no one else wants. By looking 100 miles north. We have trained in dumfries and Carlisle before 
I'm not sure when we started training in Glasgow but under Connolly we were down here and obviously took a lot of players from the north of England. Lets not forget there wasn't a transfer market back then and we had our fair share of dross back then as well.

Below is the team that lined up against Ross County on 15 September 2018. I was wondering where we've regressed.

Martin
Mercer
Doyle
Semple
Marshall
Stirling
Jacobs
Todd
Harkins
Dobbie
Dykes

Obviously a few players remain. Whilst jury is out on McCrorie still, where Martin ended up when he left indicates the level he was at. Think Marshall is a much better left back than Holt. Our midfield is pish - I think Jacobs is better than Kidd. Think Dobbie is missing Dykes this year.

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure when we started training in Glasgow but under Connolly we were down here and obviously took a lot of players from the north of England. Lets not forget there wasn't a transfer market back then and we had our fair share of dross back then as well.

No transfer market?

I take it you mean window?

Below is the team that lined up against Ross County on 15 September 2018. I was wondering where we've regressed.
Martin
Mercer
Doyle
Semple
Marshall
Stirling
Jacobs
Todd
Harkins
Dobbie
Dykes
Obviously a few players remain. Whilst jury is out on McCrorie still, where Martin ended up when he left indicates the level he was at. Think Marshall is a much better left back than Holt. Our midfield is pish - I think Jacobs is better than Kidd. Think Dobbie is missing Dykes this year.

I would say we were decent in defence and up front, if those concerned play as well as they can. Our midfield is shocking! Todd has been the biggest miss for me plus Harkins when he could be bothered. Absolutely no creativity in the middle of the park and it’s no wonder Sir Stephen is getting frustrated!

It’s only the middle of September and we have a six pointer already with Morton this Saturday. I don’t think they are much better than us tbh. Still be there shouting us on though.

9 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

I would say we were decent in defence and up front, if those concerned play as well as they can. Our midfield is shocking! Todd has been the biggest miss for me plus Harkins when he could be bothered. Absolutely no creativity in the middle of the park and it’s no wonder Sir Stephen is getting frustrated!

It’s only the middle of September and we have a six pointer already with Morton this Saturday. I don’t think they are much better than us tbh. Still be there shouting us on though.

Aye beyond Murray, there's no creativity in the middle of the park. Paton is absolutely guff, Prybus seems a trier but still not convinced and others seem all a bit, at best, meh.