The Queen of the South thread

Relegation becons imo we have to hope our players gel and come good and stay fit which seems unlikely.
Others have strengthened on deadline day it's worrying that we never brought a couple of players in to try and improve that shocking midfield.
Can still bring in free agents however but even then if they were any good they would be signed up gonna be a long season that's for sure.

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Still able to sign free agents...... 

There must be money there for 1 player we were going to sign Harry Cochrane last week before Dunfermline got in before us .

Can't believe we could not get a loan signing in .

Fraser Aird would even do now better than Paton or Kidd .

We still have 2 loan signing to use in Jan my worry is it might be to late then isolated at the bottom 

IF Aird does sign that's another wide/ forward player,  an area we're already well covered in surely,  central midfield is what needs addressed.  Wouldn't be surprised if Magic is waiting for Semple to get fit then moving Kilday forward into the middle of the park alongside Pybus or Kidd. Not really a great solution imo. 

15 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

IF Aird does sign that's another wide/ forward player,  an area we're already well covered in surely,  central midfield is what needs addressed.  Wouldn't be surprised if Magic is waiting for Semple to get fit then moving Kilday forward into the middle of the park alongside Pybus or Kidd. Not really a great solution imo. 

Kilday you can't be serious he played midfield earlier in the season he looked lost.... 

Looking out at our Championship horizon for 2019/20 was already pretty depressing but no positive activity before window closing was disappointing. Probably not for the lack of trying but we are just not seen as an attractive option. Can only hope that we can get a couple of free agents but absolutely no point in signing “no hopers” for the sake of it.

It looks like AJ has put all of his eggs in a Dobbie and El Bakhtaoui  shaped basket getting us out of the shit.  On current form the Frenchman doesn't look like he could hit a cow's arse with a banjo never mind pull a rabbit from a hat.  Dobbie has already carried more than enough woeful players on his return and frankly deserves better.

Image result for bus to the seaside

You're kidding? Fraser Aird,  another waste of space. Not interested when here before. Not sure he'd be better than Kidd or Paton but the last thing we need just now is taking a chance on another passenger.
Frazer aird rather sign the boy who was mascot on sat . The lad gave 100% warming up with other mascot and was proud to come on park with queens top on Frazer aird is a imposter as footballer

He started 4 games for us. It's a pretty incredible disliking to have considering he rarely featured. I'm afraid any signing (if any) we make from here on in is going to be taking a chance. To say he's an imposter of a footballer is just laughable when you look at his assists.

I wouldn't be against Paton being played through the middle. He doesn't have the legs to get by players now but if he can find a pass through the middle he'd be handy.

AJ didn't really play Aird in the short time he had him here so it probably won't be happening anyway. But in a side that attempts to attack (something GN's side rarely did) he could be handy.

I'd prefer us to go for Davis Keillor-Dunn, who left Ross County yesterday. 
I don't expect anyone else to arrive though.
Would love to see that. The guy is a bit of a moron with regards to getting sent off but he looked a handy player. No doubt end up at Falkirk.

We've just released Kyle McLean, a 20 year old Northern Ireland under 21 centre midfielder we got when he was released by Nottingham Forest a couple of years ago.  Contract cancelled, sounds as though it's by his request due to lack of first team opportunities.  Spent the second half of last season playing for Linfield, so he is used to the 'adult' game.

Not had a chance in the league really, but played Cup matches v lower league sides and looked capable.  Looks more of a ball player than a ball winner.

No idea if he'd do a job at Championship level, but if you're desperately short of a centre midfielder, and obviously now limited to free agents, then he might be worth a trial.

We've just released Kyle McLean, a 20 year old Northern Ireland under 21 centre midfielder we got when he was released by Nottingham Forest a couple of years ago.  Contract cancelled, sounds as though it's by his request due to lack of first team opportunities.  Spent the second half of last season playing for Linfield, so he is used to the 'adult' game.
Not had a chance in the league really, but played Cup matches v lower league sides and looked capable.  Looks more of a ball player than a ball winner.
No idea if he'd do a job at Championship level, but if you're desperately short of a centre midfielder, and obviously now limited to free agents, then he might be worth a trial.

I saw he got punted, but reading comments I gathered he’d be going straight back to linfield. I’ve no idea what he’s like, but linfield fans seem keen on him going back there.

13 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I am not one to cry "sack the board" – they are putting their own money into Queens (and losing it) and I don't see who else could come in that would do better. 

I would just like to know if we have a long term objective. It seems from the outside like our objective is just to keep full-time fitba at Palmy, stay in the Championship and stay afloat.

If that's it, then it's not particularly inspiring, although I suspect a lot of Scottish football clubs have equally pallid purposes.

I think those objectives are challenging rather than uninspiring.

Just think Bolton , Bury, Gretna etc. and we should be grateful for what we have.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

I think those objectives are challenging rather than uninspiring.

Just think Bolton , Bury, Gretna etc. and we should be grateful for what we have.

We're not talking about spending millions. Just enough to make us look even half interesting because the simple fact is, play this shite every week and we'll be into the hundreds and that's with a ageing crowd slowly dying off. 

The board seem more interested in who's moved into the Queens arena than what's going on on the pitch! 

I heard on the rumour mill there were a couple of local business men who would be more than willing to take on the hot seat and / or pump a bit of cash into the club,...just not whenever Hewitson is anywhere near it.