The Queen of the South thread

55 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Just read the OS match report which states we have two home wins in 2019. Desperate stuff.

After winning the first 2 games of the calendar year v ICT and County, we have won 2 of the next 19 league games.

38 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

Just don't get this budget nonsense bigger crowds =more stewards 

Bigger all seater grounds =more overheads

Assumed bigger clubs have more staff and directors taking a wage 

We are supposed to be making money from the arena and the plastic pitch the main difference will be sponsorship so I don't think the wage difference will be as much as people think and getting it into potential signings heads that dumfries is 1 1/2hr from central belt it can take that long to get from paisley to dunfermline but we are out of site out of mind

I doubt a player bats a single eye lid at our location given training is in the central belt. They only have to travel a hour down the road for a home game every other week on average. 

How much income we generate gets pumped into the squad ? 

Lots of over reaction tonight. Didn't see the match today  but previous matches didn't think we played that bad. Prob a bad day at the office. It was always going to be a tough season and a long way to go. Maybe the draw at arbroath wasn't that bad. There will be good days again, believe.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Just read the OS match report which states we have two home wins in 2019. Desperate stuff.

We are always discussing novel ways to increase our crowds, but ultimately that stat has the biggest impact on our attendances.

I’d be interested in seeing our home form since the plastic went down. I suspect it will make grim reading. I know there are other factors at play, but it once again played absolutely terribly again today.

Rip it up and bring back the grass pitch. 

52 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Lots of over reaction tonight. Didn't see the match today  but previous matches didn't think we played that bad. Prob a bad day at the office. It was always going to be a tough season and a long way to go. Maybe the draw at arbroath wasn't that bad. There will be good days again, believe.

Don't think it's an overreaction when you don't have a shot on target at home to Alloa. 

I don't have the same problem with the pitch that lots of fans on here seem to.

Leaving that aside though, I don't really get the idea that it's responsible for our crap home form.  If the pitch plays so differently, playing on it often would surely have to be an advantage if anything.  It's certainly how such things were seen during the finest respective spells in the histories of Luton and Oldham.

It's likelier that our crap home form owes most to us being a bit crap.

How's Mick Paton been getting on with you guys this season? He looked utterly finished or uninterested (maybe both) while he was with us.

Yep both of those things.

An appalling and baffling signing but sadly probably not in our top 5 worst signings of the summer.

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

I’m sorry but if you had watched that today you would find it hard to be upbeat I’m afraid.

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Yep both of those things.

An appalling and baffling signing but sadly probably not in our top 5 worst signings of the summer.

He was a major disappointment, as I liked him when he was with yourselves and Dunfermline. I thought he might have got his mojo back by returning to full-time training with yourselves.

You think 5 of our signings are worse than Paton. Really?

I immediately regretted posting that as I knew I’d get called out!

Paton is probably our second worst signing after Kidd. They are the clear front runners because we already knew they were going to be shit before they signed. I’ve concerns over a few others though.

Hamilton - looks completely lost. Bringing him on is an acceptance we’ve run out of ideas and are going to punt it in his general direction.

McCarthy - pointless signing, behind Kidd in the pecking order says it all.

Pybus - not sure what his purpose is. He’s just there without doing much.

Lyon - see above.

Kilday - very worrying when Brownlie is the composed and calming influence in the partnership. Looks on the verge of doing something stupid every time the ball comes near him.

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I immediately regretted posting that as I knew I’d get called out!

Paton is probably our second worst signing after Kidd. They are the clear front runners because we already knew they were going to be shit before they signed. I’ve concerns over a few others though.

Hamilton - looks completely lost. Bringing him on is an acceptance we’ve run out of ideas and are going to punt it in his general direction.

McCarthy - pointless signing, behind Kidd in the pecking order says it all.

Pybus - not sure what his purpose is. He’s just there without doing much.

Lyon - see above.

Kilday - very worrying when Brownlie is the composed and calming influence in the partnership. Looks on the verge of doing something stupid every time the ball comes near him.

Fair enough.

I was just absolutely staggered that anyone would think 5 of our signings were worse than Paton :lol:

Edit to add I think Pybus might just be decent. He's very inexperienced though and needs some midfield savvy alongside him. Sadly we absolutely lack that,

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Dobbie looks a shadow of himself for the past two season and his first touch control was awful today an he seldom found a team mate - a season too far

Wasn’t last season his best in terms of numbers?

QOTS are scrapping it out near the bottom and this guy wants rid of the best player in the league.