The Queen of the South thread

That was poor today. 

Can't really recall us having a shot on target. Once Prybus went off, that midfield looks rank. Paton looks wildly unfit as does Kidd. 

Not a clue what Holt did to get man of the match. El Bakhtaoui was I thought our best player and nearly grabbed an equiliser at the end. 

Need to get finger out soon. 

We have till Monday night to stay in the Championship .

Forget the 2 players if we don't add at least 4 players then we end up bottom of the league ..

A lot of fans say I am negative but if one fan can find a positive out of that performance against Alloa then he are watching a different game to me .

Third time I’ve seen us this season, but the prognosis already looks grim. Alloa are stuffy and workmanlike, but possess no quality whatsoever, yet we struggled to create anything of note all afternoon.

Where to start with that midfield? No creativity, no guile, no skill, no pace. Nothing. Murray has potential, and that’s about the only positive I can think of. Paton, Kidd, Pybus (ok he’s a willing trier, but that’s about it), McCarthy, Lyon. Not so much a midfield roll call as a free transfer list waiting to happen. Why did we sign these guys? They’re clearly not of the quality required for the Championship. I can’t believe the manager thinks we have sufficient quality in there, and his interviews have suggested he knows it. So why haven’t we strengthened that department? Is it just down to budget? Seems like (Dobbie aside) we’re only ever in the market for players no-one else wants.

After today, I’m more or less resigned to the fact that we’ll have to strengthen considerably in January just to have a decent chance of avoiding relegation, and the summer window isn’t even shut yet. We played ok at Ayr last week, just didn't have any luck, but that was truly dismal and depressing today. 

Edited by Frankie S

2 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Third time I’ve seen us this season, but the prognosis already looks grim. Alloa are stuffy and workmanlike, but possess no quality whatsoever, yet we struggled to create anything of note all afternoon.

Where to start with that midfield? No creativity, no guile, no skill, no pace. Nothing. Murray has potential, and that’s about the only positive I can think of. Paton, Kidd, Pybus (ok he’s a willing trier, but that’s about it), McCarthy, Lyon. Why did we sign these guys? They’re clearly not of the quality required for the Championship. I can’t believe the manager thinks we have sufficient quality in there, and his interviews have suggested he knows it. So why haven’t we strengthened that department? Is it just down to budget? Seems like (Dobbie aside) we’re only ever in the market for players no-one else wants.

After today, I’m more or less resigned to the fact that we’ll have to strengthen considerably in January just to have a decent chance of avoiding relegation, and the summer window isn’t even shut yet. We played ok at Ayr last week, just didn't have any luck, but that was truly dismal and depressing today. 

This. 

We should maybe have a change in policy and try to sign a bigger squad made up of some of the best part-time players rather than a tiny squad of some of the worst full-time ones.

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

We should maybe have a change in policy and try to sign a bigger squad made up of some of the best part-time players rather than a tiny squad of some of the worst full-time ones.

I think we should at least look at going to a hybrid model with maybe 5 or 6 decent full timers then the rest good part timers.

23 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Absolutely spot on .

We should have did this in the summer have a mix of full and part time players .

We could have maybe picked up the best part time players that way .

This must be a full time club is a myth that you get the best players now most players at our level prefer to play part time and work they make more money that way .

I think we should at least look at going to a hybrid model with maybe 5 or 6 decent full timers then the rest good part timers.
I reckon we'll have this model at best in the next season or two. We surely can't continue with FT football with our crowds.

1 minute ago, QoS_1919 said:

And there was me thinking the league finished in May. 

I can guarantee if we stick with the squad we have we will be bottom come the end of the season the season finishes for Queens on Monday night if no quality signing are made 

Just read the OS match report which states we have two home wins in 2019. Desperate stuff.

We are always discussing novel ways to increase our crowds, but ultimately that stat has the biggest impact on our attendances.

I’d be interested in seeing our home form since the plastic went down. I suspect it will make grim reading. I know there are other factors at play, but it once again played absolutely terribly again today.

Just read the OS match report which states we have two home wins in 2019. Desperate stuff.

We are always discussing novel ways to increase our crowds, but ultimately that stat has the biggest impact on our attendances.

I’d be interested in seeing our home form since the plastic went down. I suspect it will make grim reading. I know there are other factors at play, but it once again played absolutely terribly again today.
Yip. Numerous times today it got stuck in Holt's feet in particular. It seems to happen to Dobbie an awful lot as well. Not to mention the time it took players to control it after receiving a pass on the deck; Mercer was having particular trouble. The bobble is awful. There is no way it gives us an advantage, that's for sure. Unless we are making a significant amount of money from the rental income then I'm all for it being ripped up or at the very least getting in touch with those who laid Falkirk's. Our grass pitch was one of the best in the country.

We used to get more watching us at this level than Livingston and look where they are just now!

We either have a budget that can enable us to at least be half decent or we might as well drop down a division and call it a day. 

One thing is for sure, a year in year struggle is a means to a end. 

We've signed a squad of no ambition. It's no wonder fans don't want to come out and watch that shit. 

Still early doors but if this is a sign of things to come, time for Mr Hewitson to stand down 

Just don't get this budget nonsense bigger crowds =more stewards 

Bigger all seater grounds =more overheads

Assumed bigger clubs have more staff and directors taking a wage 

We are supposed to be making money from the arena and the plastic pitch the main difference will be sponsorship so I don't think the wage difference will be as much as people think and getting it into potential signings heads that dumfries is 1 1/2hr from central belt it can take that long to get from paisley to dunfermline but we are out of site out of mind