The Queen of the South thread

Surely Semple should have been playing in this reserve game to get match fit? 
The past 2 games he has been off the pace and needs too lose a hell of a weight.

If he’s keeping a clean sheet while he’s “off the pace” I look forward to seeing how good he is when he’s fully fit

2 hours ago, the tactician said:

Surely Semple should have been playing in this reserve game to get match fit? 

The past 2 games he has been off the pace and needs too lose a hell of a weight.

I don't see the point in him playing in a game like that tbh. 

5 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

I don't see the point in him playing in a game like that tbh. 

I absolutely do, especially with there being no 1st team game at the weekend.

Isn't this kind of situation the purpose of It being a no age restriction reserve league instead of the U20s that went before it? The young guys that make up the reserves would benefit from playing alongside a more experienced player too.

26 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Isn't this kind of situation the purpose of It being a no age restriction reserve league instead of the U20s that went before it? The young guys that make up the reserves would benefit from playing alongside a more experienced player too.

There are only 3 CBs in the squad. Would be very silly to risk injury and leave the first team short.

4 hours ago, SueSue said:

There are only 3 CBs in the squad. Would be very silly to risk injury and leave the first team short.

Ok I see that point. Overall though, not talking about Semple specifically now, I do think the reserve games should be used to give minutes to guys who haven't been getting much (or any) 1st team action. No point in someone staying on the bench 3 or 4 games in a row then not being match fit if he's needing to step in to cover injury or suspension.

Ok I see that point. Overall though, not talking about Semple specifically now, I do think the reserve games should be used to give minutes to guys who haven't been getting much (or any) 1st team action. No point in someone staying on the bench 3 or 4 games in a row then not being match fit if he's needing to step in to cover injury or suspension.

In a normal world I’d agree but don’t think manager can afford to run risk of injuries at moment

15 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Fair point but i agree with SueSue. 

10 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

With such a small squad and considering the lad has missed so much pre season work due to an injury in a friendly at East Fife, I'm not surprised he is not with the reserves. Regarding playing experienced players in the reserves I had experience with a club with a large squad who did just that and some of the players did not give a dam although a few of the good pros did put in a shift and it was good for the youngsters. The reserves should not only act as a feeder for the first team but also as a competitive competition and playing down can be to the detriment of the reserves. It's a fine line but you need to trust the manager to make these decisions as it is the first team results that really matter with progression next.

I saw a trialist nabbed a hattrick for us against Threave yesterday! I can only guess that will have left a good impression! Anyone any clue who it is? 

Was a trialist with intention for the reserves/youth team I’d imagine