The Queen of the South thread

Indeed, in the game against us towards the end of the season while Wilson wasn't slinging balls everywhere his driving runs from midfield destroyed us. 

I think Dan Pybus will bring that now. He’s done it in flashes already

Another winger or 2 and that leaves us with real options going forward.

If we can pull in 2 wingers on loan (or permanent) we’ll have them, Murray, El Bak, Oliver, Hamilton, Paton and of course Dobbie as our forward options.

Paton isn’t a great player, but his experience can only be a good thing, especially with such a young side.

Another winger or 2 and that leaves us with real options going forward.

If we can pull in 2 wingers on loan (or permanent) we’ll have them, Murray, El Bak, Oliver, Hamilton, Paton and of course Dobbie as our forward options.

Paton isn’t a great player, but his experience can only be a good thing, especially with such a young side.

Like others have said, I don’t think Paton is a bad option for middle of park. He’s also decent enough cover. But I think we’re crying out for some pace on wings

Midfield is starting to take shape. You’d look at Pybus and Lyon to be our 2 starting CMs unless there is a drastic change in form from either McCarthy or Kidd. Saying that they are now options from the bench and both have decent experience at this level, Kidd especially. We’ve still got space for a 1/2 loans so hopefully a winger to come in. 

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Midfield is starting to take shape. You’d look at Pybus and Lyon to be our 2 starting CMs unless there is a drastic change in form from either McCarthy or Kidd. Saying that they are now options from the bench and both have decent experience at this level, Kidd especially. We’ve still got space for a 1/2 loans so hopefully a winger to come in. 

Hopefully Dario Zanatta will be available on loan 

Think we will find out if having Gary Naysmith as loans manager at Hearts is a good or a bad thing .

Think we will find out if having Gary Naysmith as loans manager at Hearts is a good or a bad thing .

What’s it got to do with us if hearts having naysmith as a loans manager is good or bad?

I am sure our manager will be in contact with other managers about trying to get loan players, most of the time teams loan out players after they have there own squad sorted. Not many in premier league have there squad sorted

We've Dobbie, El Bak, Oliver, Hamilton and at a push, Murray who can all play up front. The last thing we need is a striker tbh. If any loans come in I'm hoping they are midfielders.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Zanatta can operate on both wings and would be ideal. Was a standout for Alloa when he was on loan there. Anthony McDonald and Aidan Keena are also capable of playing on the wing. 

As for Gary Naysmith, his dismissal was handled very poorly but I can’t see why he’d hold that against us in terms of us potentially getting loans. He’s going to be looking for the best for his players and as has been proven in recent seasons, we are a great club for giving these lads first team football and bringing them on. Jason Kerr is a fine example. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

On 17/08/2019 at 12:29, ALOREBURNE said:

Zanatta can operate on both wings and would be ideal. Was a standout for Alloa when he was on loan there. Anthony McDonald and Aidan Keena are also capable of playing on the wing. 

As for Gary Naysmith, his dismissal was handled very poorly but I can’t see why he’d hold that against us in terms of us potentially getting loans. He’s going to be looking for the best for his players and as has been proven in recent seasons, we are a great club for giving these lads first team football and bringing them on. Jason Kerr is a fine example. 

Keena is capable of playing on the wing. 

Dobbie is probably capable of playing in goals due to his two functioning arms but it would be a bit silly. 

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Gave Sir Stephen an extra week to recover and new faces to get settled. 

He would still have had the extra week to recover anyway as he probably wouldn't have been involved if we did have a game. This coming weekend was deemed to be the very earliest he would be back I believe.