The Queen of the South thread

Just now, virginton said:

Except that you haven't though: 

That's a crystal clear judgment right there. 

Of course I haven’t seen him live. Why would I living in Chesterfield?

That’s why I will reserve judgement. 

I will also base my opinion on supporters who have seen him week in week out unlike you.

Hope he does well. He can be very frustrating to watch but he can also be exciting to watch with good movement, delicate touches on the ball and the ability to beat the defender with a bit of skill. He may *need* someone like Dobbie alongside him a lot of the time though.

The drama is he has natural footballing talent in that he can hit a nice shot, he does have decent pace, he can dribble. 

He has absolutely no idea what to do with any of the above though and it was fucking painful to watch last season, playing against slower, shite part time defenders was a dream for him, his lack of tactical awareness didn't matter a joy because his pace would help him out. Moving too quickly lost him his confidence and with it that natural spark that helped carry him. There's absolutely nothing to suggest he'll do any better under AJ this season than last, absolutely nothing. 

2015-16 El Bakhtaoui would be a great signing for you guys. The one we saw last year, a terrible one. He got given so much game time by Johnston last season and produced absolutely nothing.

I honestly can’t think of a single game last season, where I left thinking he’d played well and might have turned a corner. That being said, although it was league one, in 2015-16 he was brilliant to watch and looked more than capable of making that step up. There is a player in there somewhere and if he can produce his best form, he will be a real asset, particularly beside Dobbie.

Pleasing that we now have 2 striking options from the bench (when Dobbie is fit). Dobbie is obviously a stick on to start when fit, with either Hamilton, Oliver of El Bakh. The biggest frustration of last season for me (except the lump in goal) was our severe lack of options from the bench.

Bit more pace in the team and we’ll do just fine

He's the sort of player who needs the confidence to play well. Any negativity towards him and we may well see the player of last season.

Hopefully there's no a witch hunt if he has a poor first game. Get off to a flyer tomorrow and good luck. 

Welcome to Queens!

I’m glad we have learned from last season and opted to run with more than 2 strikers. It’s definitely quantity over quality though.

Glass half full, they are experienced at this level.

Glass half empty, we’ve signed an uninspiring bunch of jobbers from the merry go round.

I'll always love Faiss for that brilliant season and don't understand why any Pars fan would be angry towards him. He was utterly shite last season but he was clearly trying.

If he's anything like last year then this is a dreadful bit of business for Queens. If he's anything like 15/16 Faiss then you'll be top four with him and Dobbie.

33 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’m glad we have learned from last season and opted to run with more than 2 strikers. 

Yes, that's the value of this signing and as such, I'm happy enough with it.  It probably also reflects a recognition that we maybe can't rely on Dobbie to be ever present this season.

We're still needing more in midfield though, or It might not matter much who's in front of them.

I’m glad we have learned from last season and opted to run with more than 2 strikers. It’s definitely quantity over quality though.

Glass half full, they are experienced at this level.

Glass half empty, we’ve signed an uninspiring bunch of jobbers from the merry go round.

A 19 year old kid already classed as a jobber? We know what Oliver brings frustration but moments of class but genuinely still feel he’ll prove a decent signing and el Bakhtaoui, hopefully we can get his career going again and he can benefit from playing/training with dobbs.

The midfield is where needs improved now with another CM and a winger

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

A signing that smells of desperation to me. A standout in League One with a certain striker playing alongside him in the majority of matches but was awful last season.

I’ve not seen anything from him to suggest he can perform above League One level.

We’ve been after him for weeks, it’s hardly desperation.