The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

The simple answer to the problems associated with gulls is to deprive them of food. The statement put out by the club is spot on. Don't drop food and deposit waste in bins. Dumfries has had a particular problem with them for years and while relaxing legislation to enable local authorities to remove nests etc it is, in the main, something that we can all help with by depriving the birds of food. The mess that they leave in and around Palmerston by fouling seats etc is hardly something to attract people to our ground.

I feel your pain, we've got a similar problem with the damn things at Somerset...........

We think more of the seagulls than supporters in Scotland 
a joke our towns and councillors need to do something 
The simple answer to the problems associated with gulls is to deprive them of food. The statement put out by the club is spot on. Don't drop food and deposit waste in bins. Dumfries has had a particular problem with them for years and while relaxing legislation to enable local authorities to remove nests etc it is, in the main, something that we can all help with by depriving the birds of food. The mess that they leave in and around Palmerston by fouling seats etc is hardly something to attract people to our ground.
Hopefully the club play their part by cleaning the birdshit up as well then. I don't disagree with what they have said but the place has been covered long before this season and it's absolutely filthy in some areas.

Feeding them is obviously moronic but they find a way to feed regardless. You just need to see the mess they leave binbags in up the town. They are vermin and they should be culled. They tend to nest at the same places every year as well so why don't the council destroy the nests before they lay?

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hopefully the club play their part by cleaning the birdshit up as well then. I don't disagree with what they have said but the place has been covered long before this season and it's absolutely filthy in some areas.

Feeding them is obviously moronic but they find a way to feed regardless. You just need to see the mess they leave binbags in up the town. They are vermin and they should be culled. They tend to nest at the same places every year as well so why don't the council destroy the nests before they lay?

They probably would if they had enough people to do so but  it’s an impossible job for one groundsman. 

Would you or anyone else like to offer their services ..? 

Edited by the_palmy_pie

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
Signing news imminent.... emoji106.png 

For the love of god, please be an AM! If I had to hazard a guess I'd go with Liam Brown as his name has been mentioned frequently.

Don’t think Liam Brown will get an offer.

He has been around for quite a while by all accounts and seems not to be doing enough to get anything.

They probably would if they had enough people to do so but  it’s an impossible job for one groundsman. 

Would you or anyone else like to offer their services ..? 

No mate, I pay my money every game and think the least I should expect is an area not surrounded with birdshit. If you think it's acceptable unless you clean it yourself then more fool you. If the club are quick enough to have a pop at the fans for the situation maybe they should work on their own shortcomings as well.

That's a mental signing, scored no goals from open play in the league last season, signed to replace Nicky Clarks goals and it was his lack of goals that arguably got AJ the sack. 

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4655

Was also heavily rumoured as one of the bad apples in the dressing room. 

Edited by Grant228

El Bak was woeful last season any time I saw him. If he does sign hopefully he finds some form alongside Dobbie, though I think that would be harsh on Oliver. I'd still rather another midfielder though.

I am happy to reserve judgement on El Bak.

Obviously there is a decent player in there. There will be the usual posts of his ex teams support saying how shite he was. That’s par for the course ( pun not intended)

Would very much hope the midfielder needed will be in place before the league game away at Ayr.

8 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Obviously there is a decent player in there.

That's not obvious at all, otherwise he wouldn't have spent most of the summer as an unpaid free agent after several years of pretty disastrous showings. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

That's not obvious at all, otherwise he wouldn't have spent most of the summer as an unpaid free agent after several years of pretty disastrous showings. 

It is obvious to poster before you virginton.

Who, I would imagine has seen the lad play more than you week in week out.

I am happy to reserve judgement.

A signing that smells of desperation to me. A standout in League One with a certain striker playing alongside him in the majority of matches but was awful last season.

I’ve not seen anything from him to suggest he can perform above League One level.