The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, abc2019 said:

Completely understandable, I just enjoy the unpredictability side of things. Allows me to have a good moan one week and clear the system, and then enjoy a relaxing pint following an unlikely win the other.

Totally agree.

I genuinely don't understand OF fans. I could not enjoy supporting a team that ought to win each week.  The whole point of sport is that it's competitive and unpredictable.

It is all about to kick off!

Just 2 days to go until the new league season kicks off. Queens first league game is away to Arbroath on the 3rd August.

Queens first home league game is the following weekend at home to Dunfermline on the 10th August. 

It is time to get ready!!

So get your fixture card, season tickets, latest Queens football top, plan any match sponsorships or hospitality and mascots packages for games. There is also Queens summer soccer camps to get the kids into and don’t forget the Arena can do your football birthday parties! Plan now for the season ahead and support the team.

Super poster by QOS Hub. Sponsored by Queens Trust.

C31123BF-C3FE-42BC-8409-09D8BF1205EA.jpeg

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:
We can't wait till the end of August we could be bottom of the league we need players now  but as always it is all to do with money something we don't have a lot of .

Can't see us turning such a situation around with only 96 points available to play for right enough.

Falkirk fans said that last season after a bad start look what happened to them .

Look like we are going with what we have for Saturday going to be very difficult to get a result 

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Falkirk fans said that last season after a bad start look what happened to them .

Look like we are going with what we have for Saturday going to be very difficult to get a result 

Watching their highlights against Alloa gives me great hope. 

Going to be a very difficult season very Inpressed with both Dunfermline and Dundee last night ..

You can see that both clubs budget is on a different level to us you get what you pay for.

The crowd over 5000 we can only dream of crowds like that I suppose that is why we struggle to sign decent players 

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be a very difficult season very Inpressed with both Dunfermline and Dundee last night ..

You can see that both clubs budget is on a different level to us you get what you pay for.

The crowd over 5000 we can only dream of crowds like that I suppose that is why we struggle to sign decent players 

Its also about getting the best out of what you have. Dundee were very poor in the 1st half but a change in the set up changed things. Dunfermline were impressive 1st period but not great when Dundee got in about them.  We don't have the depth of squad but our football in most of the game at Greenock does give me hope  Result today will be good and we will see how we look next Saturday when Dunfermline visist  Two wins for me 

Dundee were awful first half but did well 2nd half with a change of personnel and system. Dunfermline started really well but faded significantly 2nd half. Both had impressive spells but also some weaknesses on show.
A crowd of 5000 plus for a Friday evening game which was live on BBC is very impressive

41 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

This is why the League's need to be reconstructed .

Why would two bigger clubs playing in a televised match in front of 5000 spectators mean the Leagues should be reconstructed?  What format do you propose?

6 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

A point away is not bad but we have no cutting edge without Dobbie .

Really need to get new signing in as AJ says the squad is not complete hopefully we can add to the squad before the Dunfermline game !!!

A point away from home at sunny Arbroath (don't think many away fans will be saying that this season) today wasn't too bad and a clean sheet also was encouraging.  It was a young Queens team today with an average age of only 23 with M Paton the eldest player at 30.  Positives were Pybus, Murray, McCrorie & Semple getting another 90 mins. I agree without Dobbie there is no cutting edge upfront and he would most definitely have been the difference between the sides today if he was playing.  AJ also agknowledges that too in one of his after match interviews, where he  says we need to be more clinical in front of goal and players are still needed to strengthen the squad/team. Hopefully we sign 1 or 2 before the Dunfermline game next Saturday. 

A point away from home at sunny Arbroath (don't think many away fans will be saying that this season) today wasn't too bad and a clean sheet also was encouraging.  It was a young Queens team today with an average age of only 23 with M Paton the eldest player at 30.  Positives were Pybus, Murray, McCrorie & Semple getting another 90 mins. I agree without Dobbie there is no cutting edge upfront and he would most definitely have been the difference between the sides today if he was playing.  AJ also agknowledges that too in one of his after match interviews, where he  says we need to be more clinical in front of goal and players are still needed to strengthen the squad/team. Hopefully we sign 1 or 2 before the Dunfermline game next Saturday. 
Yesterday was one of the 'easiest' away trips in the league. Can you name me a ground where we'll be any more confident about picking up 3 points? You'll forgive me for not getting excited about us only taking a point.

Yesterday was one of the 'easiest' away trips in the league. Can you name me a ground where we'll be any more confident about picking up 3 points? You'll forgive me for not getting excited about us only taking a point.

Personally think over the season teams will come away with worse results than 0-0 up there. Giving current nick of our squad and missing the messiah, it’s not the end of the world. Getting beat would’ve been, but I’ll take a point. Only thing is, it’s only a decent point if we back it up with a win next week IMO.

Who were the plus points? Going by twitter sounded like Murray and Pybus. Hoping for a couple of additions. Going by BBCs Kenny Crawfords video Liam Brown that’s been on trial all summer is still here. Seems a strange one that’ll be about 6 weeks he’s been on trial.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Wasn't talking about the opposition it was the Sunny weather a was meaning! 

Personally think over the season teams will come away with worse results than 0-0 up there. Giving current nick of our squad and missing the messiah, it’s not the end of the world. Getting beat would’ve been, but I’ll take a point. Only thing is, it’s only a decent point if we back it up with a win next week IMO.

Who were the plus points? Going by twitter sounded like Murray and Pybus. Hoping for a couple of additions. Going by BBCs Kenny Crawfords video Liam Brown that’s been on trial all summer is still here. Seems a strange one that’ll be about 6 weeks he’s been on trial.
Murray was my MotM again but frustratingly should have scored twice. McCrorie would have been second for me. He never had any big saves to make but he commanded his box as well as any QoS 'keeper has for years. Incredible given the nonsense some people were saying about him last week. Pybus seems to be gaining confidence and looks like he knows what to do in CM, he just needs some support.

We have actually cut our budget significantly and reckon they're won't be many boys on north of £500 a week, the nucleus of the squad is there from last season but a lot of young, hungry players came in over the summer.

Crawford seems to be playing a high intensity pressing game which works in the first half of games but we run out of steam in the second hence why we faded away against Dundee.

Looking forward to my first trip down to Dumfries next weekend and what should be a good game, will dobbie be fit?

Murray was my MotM again but frustratingly should have scored twice. McCrorie would have been second for me. He never had any big saves to make but he commanded his box as well as any QoS 'keeper has for years. Incredible given the nonsense some people were saying about him last week. Pybus seems to be gaining confidence and looks like he knows what to do in CM, he just needs some support.

Exactly what I’d been thinking with Pybus previously, if we get someone in beside him he could be a right good player as like you say he gains confidence and fitness.