The Queen of the South thread

Aye 9 goals conceded in 3.5 games. Thats desperate considering its probably on paper a stronger part of the team.

Are we allowed to worry or is it still too early in the season?

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are we allowed to worry or is it still too early in the season?

Huge blow that Dobbie is out for 6 weeks ..

At the other end we are still giving away cheap goals how a defender can't mark someone at a corner I just don't no and we just give away pens.

We are a poor team who has now lost its best player unless AJ can somehow get at least 3 quality signing in then we are in deep trouble before before we even start the league .

Strange for me to say but I am very worried about Queens this season 

Watch out or folk will be whining at you as per usual. I agree with this tbh its true.

At the other end we are still giving away cheap goals how a defender can't mark someone at a corner I just don't no and we just give away pens.
We are a poor team who has now lost its best player unless AJ can somehow get at least 3 quality signing in then we are in deep trouble before before we even start the league .

20 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Difficult not to agree with this.

Some game though. 3-3 and off to pens. Think that means we’re out either way though? Thought our first might have been offside. Def pen for theirs. Couldn’t see why their 4th was ruled out. Foul by the looks but thought defender and goalie hit each other

8 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Kidd doing himself no favours so far this season 🙈🙈

Apart from the penalty miss he didn't have a bad game I thought.  Oliver also missed a penalty but that kind of summed up his game,  didn't impress me.  

The team had a good opening 20 minutes and a good final 20 minutes but the middle section we very poor.  We seemed to lose confidence when Morton equalised but did well to get back into it. Not too fussed about the bonus point,  no good to us anyway I don't think. 

Guest Flash
13 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Three games in 7 days was the gamble I think. That's what caused it last season.

It didn’t cause it the first time last season. 

Seems to be coming round regularly. After he came back last season, he played for about 3 months, then it happened again. This one is less then 3 months since he came back after the second injury and part of that was the close season. 

Do we know if its definitely a hamstring and do any of us really know how long he is out for. Putting a positive spin on today we scored three goals with out him. Did we do this at any point of last season without him. Also defensively it looks like Alan Martin wasn't the only problem we had. 

39 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

Do we know if its definitely a hamstring and do any of us really know how long he is out for. Putting a positive spin on today we scored three goals with out him. Did we do this at any point of last season without him. Also defensively it looks like Alan Martin wasn't the only problem we had. 

And if that had been a league game, a point away from home isn't a bad result at all (continuing your positive vibe) 

26 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

And if that had been a league game, a point away from home isn't a bad result at all (continuing your positive vibe) 

Totally agree I am sure when season starts properly  we will have plenty of opportunity to be negative. 

Edited by Dobbie11

For me the evidence isn't particularly encouraging and isn't particularly worrying. We lost to Motherwell in the first ever competitive game for this squad and inexplicably went to shit against Annan in the second half of the second game. We then walked Dumbarton, which is easily done, and just got a point away from home at Morton who are more-or-less about our level. Worryingly, we still seem to be leaking goals and have a small squad. Encouragingly, we have scored 10 in the last three games, 8 of those were not scored by Dobbie, and we just fought back from 3-1 down away from home.

The evidence is so mixed and the sample so small, I genuinely do not see why anyone would feel particularly strongly one way or another. Still just got to wait and see.

Guest Flash

Per AJ’s interview Dobbie picked up a “niggle” v Dumbarton and will be out for 4 to 6 weeks (which he only revealed after Broon asked if it could be 6 weeks). I suspect it is his hamstring but the club doesn’t want to say as that points to a persistent problem rather than a one-off. Hopefully I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Per AJ’s interview Dobbie picked up a “niggle” v Dumbarton and will be out for 4 to 6 weeks (which he only revealed after Broon asked if it could be 6 weeks). I suspect it is his hamstring but the club doesn’t want to say as that points to a persistent problem rather than a one-off. Hopefully I’m wrong.

What a terrible start to the season now that Dobbie will be out for 6 weeks time now for the board to really back AJ and try and get the players in that he wants might have to go over budget but with Dobbie out we have no choice .