The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Leaving them on makes you look pretty chip shop tbh. 

Really? One tweet a week about metrics is that big a deal?

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The media officer doesn't cover social media? Surely you can see that's ridiculous? 

Not really. She deals with the media. She does cover announcements etc just not match day stuff other than interviews

1 hour ago, the tactician said:

Commercial manager on holiday when the season has already started???

Shocking if true, that is the best time to get businesses to get involved in the club try and big the club up. I know people are entitled to holidays but surely common sense from the club would tell him to have a break as soon as the season.

Queens are miles behind every club on all aspects even social media. I know we rely on volunteers but there should be a piece on the website atleast once a week from the manager.

About programmes I buy a programme every home and away queens game and ours aren’t the best. A player interview or something would be a start, I enjoyed the fans stories last season and I hope they continue as me and my grandson liked reading them before the game started it was interesting seeing how different people got supporting our club.

Aye, it's totally "shocking."

How dare they go on a holiday in the summer holidays. 

41 minutes ago, Mr X said:
43 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

And you can leave them on - its one tweet a week

Yeah but it makes you look tinpot, especially as Twitter now has its own analytics feature.

I agree that metrics tweet looks tinpot. So does the "our biggest fans" one. You can turn them off, so why would you leave them on? I also think it's odd that the media officer has nothing to do with social media. But

Commercial manager on holiday when the season has already started???

Shocking if true, that is the best time to get businesses to get involved in the club try and big the club up. I know people are entitled to holidays but surely common sense from the club would tell him to have a break as soon as the season.

Queens are miles behind every club on all aspects even social media. I know we rely on volunteers but there should be a piece on the website atleast once a week from the manager.

About programmes I buy a programme every home and away queens game and ours aren’t the best. A player interview or something would be a start, I enjoyed the fans stories last season and I hope they continue as me and my grandson liked reading them before the game started it was interesting seeing how different people got supporting our club.

How do you know when is the best time to get businesses involved? Hypothetically, the best time would be the off season so you have cash flow while there are no games and money to build a squad. That's a hypothetical. Neither of us really know, do we? But I know another club which is doing really well commercially and know both their commercial manager and chairman have taken holidays during the season. It doesn't have to be a big deal.

I mean look at what you are posting. It is just foaming at the eyes stuff. What do you get out of sitting at a computer raging about someone's holidays? Take a deep breath, go for a walk, listen to some soothing music while you have a bubble bath, and after a few months of that you might be in a mindset where you can contribute positively to our club.

But yeah, Mr X you have gotta turn off those metric tweets!😁

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

This stuff again?

I can't imagine that the Social Media thing makes much difference.  We are run as a small-time outfit because we essentially are one, with only 1500 people sufficiently interested to pop along each fortnight.  

As long as that sign on Lochfield Road (which won't make much difference either) is maintained, I'm happy.  Well done to those that bother with any voluntary contributions.

It absolutely makes a difference. It’s why advertising is the massive business it is. People see so much advertising every day there are lots of attractions/causes all pulling for peoples attention. If you don’t appear in front of people eyes and form a connection with them you will easily get forgotten.

Edited by JTulip

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This stuff again?

I can't imagine that the Social Media thing makes much difference.  We are run as a small-time outfit because we essentially are one, with only 1500 people sufficiently interested to pop along each fortnight.  

As long as that sign on Lochfield Road (which won't make much difference either) is maintained, I'm happy.  Well done to those that bother with any voluntary contributions.

37 minutes ago, JTulip said:

It absolutely makes a difference. It’s why advertising is the massive business it is. People see so much advertising every day there are lots of attractions/causes all pulling for peoples attention. If you don’t appear in front of people eyes and form a connection with them you will easily get forgotten.

I think MTs question is an interesting one, but maybe the question is about whether or not it makes a significant difference to crowd numbers.

Honestly, Im not convinced it does.

As JTulip said, though, social media is incredibly important in terms of getting peoples attention and forming a connection. Theres massive room room for improvement in that sense and promoting matches is part of that attention and connection, but Im not convinced it adds significant numbers to the crowd

Edited by Mr X

1 hour ago, Sankasouthy said:

See in the press today that ex St Mirren, Ayr and Queens striker Stewart Kean has signed for his local amateur club Drongan Utd. Still getting the boots on at 36 years old emoji106.png

I'm afraid that all that man will ever mean to me is 'the player who was picked ahead of Dobbie for Europe'. I'm getting angry again, just thinking about it.

I don't think social media will attract significant numbers onto your attendance, you're not going to bang another 500 on top but it's not entirely the point, it's a fantastic tool for the fans you have just now. 

I've spent the past 5 and a bit years down in England and the social media output by Dunfermline, in conjunction with the official website has been good enough to keep me in the loop, as such when I come up I've not "lost it" and moved onto other hobbies. 

It's short termism to only consider that if it doesn't bring in more fans it's not worth it, it helps keeps existing fans. 

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think social media will attract significant numbers onto your attendance, you're not going to bang another 500 on top but it's not entirely the point, it's a fantastic tool for the fans you have just now. 

I've spent the past 5 and a bit years down in England and the social media output by Dunfermline, in conjunction with the official website has been good enough to keep me in the loop, as such when I come up I've not "lost it" and moved onto other hobbies. 

It's short termism to only consider that if it doesn't bring in more fans it's not worth it, it helps keeps existing fans. 

Pretty much exactly what I said. I dont like you agreeing with me, dont do it again :P

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

No Dobbie . . . We are doomed. At least semple back in the squad. Here is hoping for a win Mon the South!!

A big miss but I think we're better covered for instances like this than last season with Murray and Oliver available.