The Queen of the South thread

How are Gary Oliver and Lee Kilday so far lads?

Pretty well, kilday looking solid but as reported does have a mistake in him...seems pretty cool and calm at back which we need at moment giving average age of our side. Oliver done very well yesterday, looks to be up for it, linking play well usually occupying the two centre half’s

How are Gary Oliver and Lee Kilday so far lads?
Been happy with both so far. Strange considering we've conceded 7 goals in 3 games but Kilday has looked pretty solid so far. Oliver has linked pretty well with Dobbie and for his size he's excellent at holding the ball. I can't recall that from his first spell. If we can get an AM to feed Oliver regularly then I think Oliver will assist Dobbie a lot this season.

Hoping both stay fit.

36 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Is the Workington friendly still on?

32 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

Glad somebody asked as I was thinking a had imagined we was playing them on Tuesday sure I mind reading it but seems vanished off The website and says next game is Morton

We're playing Workington? News to me. If we are it must be the Development Team playing it I guess.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We're playing Workington? News to me. If we are it must be the Development Team playing it I guess.

Skyline the pen shoot out why are they always at the home end is it just the luck of a coin toss.

The floodlights are they due to get repaired soon  does not good with the scaffolding and they are many bulbs out .

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Skyline the pen shoot out why are they always at the home end is it just the luck of a coin toss.

The floodlights are they due to get repaired soon  does not good with the scaffolding and they are many bulbs out .

They don't toss a coin for where penalties are taken. Referee decides, in consultation with the Police Match Commander where appropriate. At Palmerston they are usually taken at the "home" end as it means the fans can see them better. I can recall Ayr beating us on penalties at Palmerston with them taken at the empty terracing though.

I've no idea what's happening with the floodlights.

Yes definitely. Two year extension because if we don't we will lose him for nothing at the end of the season. Guaranteed

Given that Connor Murray has started the season really well and now looks to be fulfilling his potential under AJ, anyone else thinking we should be getting him signed up on a longer contract than just 1 year?

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They don't toss a coin for where penalties are taken. Referee decides, in consultation with the Police Match Commander where appropriate. At Palmerston they are usually taken at the "home" end as it means the fans can see them better. I can recall Ayr beating us on penalties at Palmerston with them taken at the empty terracing though.

Thanks for that don't remember any pens been taken at the away end but you will be right 

Hopefully Semple will be fit and ready to play Friday; Brownlie is suspended. He was saying in the stands that he’s back in training as of tomorrow, a full week under his belt although probably still a risk.

Paton was better than McCarthy in CM yesterday quite clearly, but I don’t know how comfortable I’d feel with him regularly playing there, against good opposition

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's not what should happen. The laws of the game state that a coin should be tossed to decide (a simple 'heads we go to that end, tails the other'), unless there are safety issues. I'd be surprised if that procedure is bypassed at Palmerston.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No idea. I never asked. Gary Naysmith specifically appointed a vice captain. It was Dobbie under Rankin and it was Fordyce under Dobbie (with Jacobs standing in when either was injured). I don't know if we now have a formal vice captain or not. It's why I was curious about who took the armband when 1st Dobbie and then Brownlie went off.

We were speculating at the time that Kilday got the armband simply because he was the closest player to Brownie when the board went up

The Workington friendly as mentioned on the mad board. If you check it was actually a game from four years ago it refers to. Some jokers idea of fun. 

Hmm am positive a read it on the official queens website as it’s a free Tuesday in the cup for us but obv not as a checked and Workington are away to Gretna on Tuesday night

2 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

Hmm am positive a read it on the official queens website as it’s a free Tuesday in the cup for us but obv not as a checked and Workington are away to Gretna on Tuesday night

I agree with you.

I am 100% sure it was on the club website due to being a free match day in the cup.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's not what should happen. The laws of the game state that a coin should be tossed to decide (a simple 'heads we go to that end, tails the other'), unless there are safety issues. I'd be surprised if that procedure is bypassed at Palmerston.

Does it? I am wrong then but I am sure the end for the shoot out on Tuesday was decided before the gane was actually finished. Stewards were moved into position for the anticipated shoot out at that end as soon as Annan levelled.

39 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

36 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I agree with you.

I am 100% sure it was on the club website due to being a free match day in the cup.

I never saw anything on the OS and I havent heard anything about any friendly with Workington, though wouldnt necessarily know about non 1st team.