The Queen of the South thread

50 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

On yesterday, thought first half we were decent from the off. There goal was a strange one, kilday thought he was fouled,

Kilday was definitely and quite clearly hauled back by his shirt by Tierney. No idea how the linesman missed it, it was right in front of him. A clearer foul you will not see. It doesnt excuse him stopping and everyone else switching off though. You play to the whistle and complain after. Primary school kids know that. 

Kilday was definitely and quite clearly hauled back by his shirt by Tierney. No idea how the linesman missed it, it was right in front of him. A clearer foul you will not see. It doesnt excuse him stopping and everyone else switching off though. You play to the whistle and complain after. Primary school kids know that. 

Was difficult to see from where we were SD, but yes your taught from 7/8 year old to play the whistle

Given that Connor Murray has started the season really well and now looks to be fulfilling his potential under AJ, anyone else thinking we should be getting him signed up on a longer contract than just 1 year?

I would see how he fares in the first quarter of league campaign. I hope it's not just a purple patch and he is actually on consistent form. I'm glad for him though he getting the chance

20 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Given that Connor Murray has started the season really well and now looks to be fulfilling his potential under AJ, anyone else thinking we should be getting him signed up on a longer contract than just 1 year?

This .

37 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
55 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

I would see how he fares in the first quarter of league campaign. I hope it's not just a purple patch and he is actually on consistent form. I'm glad for him though he getting the chance

To be honest thought he finished last season well and was one of the best players in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

On yesterday, thought first half we were decent from the off. There goal was a strange one, kilday thought he was fouled, boy got in front from that put a cross in it held up in wind, and boy put it in albeit deflected. Again I didn’t think our midfield was particularly good bar Connor Murray who was superb, but we were controlling the game scoring 4 well worked goals. Second half we controlled, Hamilton,Murray, holt all breaking through and should’ve worked there keeper more.

On the players, as said before Kidd looked a lot more at home at RB than he ever has at CM. Paton I thought was okay but had a 10/15 minute where he was pretty wasteful when he was on the wing, went into middle of park and I thought he strolled it, and it brought more from Pybus. Really wasn’t impressed with Mccarthy, started brightly but he just seems to kick it way he’s facing usually to the opposition. Murray, Oliver and Dobbie all mixed it up well, some of the play between them was class. Oliver done really well up against two massive centre half’s. Thought Hamilton looked slightly better than I’ve seen him so far, think a goal would do his confidence no harm.

Two young boys looked pretty decent when they came on which was nice to see, so used to them coming on and looking like there going to shite themselves. Gourlay never had much to do defensively but on ball was very good. Irving the first thing he done was skin 3 players, could do to bulk up a bit though after that he tried to get by but seemed to always get outmuscled, but he kept trying.

Absolutely spot on, every word i would agree with.

To be honest thought he finished last season well and was one of the best players in the playoffs.
I agree with that but the league campaign has not yet began. I would just urge a little restraint and see if he continue his good work into league campaign. But I agree he has started well and long may it continue.

This .
Murray has definitely got potential and has looked very good in our last few games (if you include the playoffs) but we've been playing lower league opposition in every one. Lets see if he can bring this form to the Championship before we get overexcited. His performances so far will definitely have helped.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

Was Dobbie subbed because he was injured?

Certainly didn't appear to be injured but I assume it was pre-planned at half time because he was passing the armband to Brownlie before we even showed a number.

I didn't actually pay any attention, did anyone notice who took the captain's armband after Brownlie later went off?

Certainly didn't appear to be injured but I assume it was pre-planned at half time because he was passing the armband to Brownlie before we even showed a number.
I didn't actually pay any attention, did anyone notice who took the captain's armband after Brownlie later went off?

Kilday

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Kilday

1 minute ago, qos1990 said:

Kilday

Just now, QoS_1919 said:

Kilday

....what I would have guessed. Surprised he wasn't ahead of Brownlie actually given he captained Morton but probably just the longer service of Brownlie. The other one in contention might have been Holt I guess.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

....what I would have guessed. Surprised he wasn't ahead of Brownlie actually given he captained Morton but probably just the longer service of Brownlie. The other one in contention might have been Holt I guess.

Is Brownlie is vice captain? Not sure if we have one or if the club have ever annouced who is. 

15 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Is Brownlie is vice captain? Not sure if we have one or if the club have ever annouced who is. 

No idea. I never asked. Gary Naysmith specifically appointed a vice captain. It was Dobbie under Rankin and it was Fordyce under Dobbie (with Jacobs standing in when either was injured). I don't know if we now have a formal vice captain or not. It's why I was curious about who took the armband when 1st Dobbie and then Brownlie went off.