The Queen of the South thread

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not slaughtered but certainly disagreed with. The result wasn't my concern on Tuesday, the performance was. We were comfortable in the first half then somehow managed to blow a 2 goal lead to a side 2 divisions below. I've said it already but Annan were very poor, it's not as if they upped their game in the second half. We clearly went to pieces. It doesn't matter how early in the season it is, that's unacceptable and quite clearly AJ thinks the same thing given his interview. FWIW I'm glad he was clearly fizzing because I'd be raging if his attitude was "oh it doesn't matter, we have players to come in anyway, give us a break".

Yeah but all those other teams with shite results didn't perform amazing and just be unlucky. They also would have put in dodgy performances, so the point we're not alone still stands. There can be many reasons for shit performances. We don't know the reasons. But potential things like fitness, asked to play a different way they're not sure of, poorer communication, nerves etc can all be easily attributed to having a new team, so I agree with those who say there's no reason to panic.

Edit: and what would panicking achieve anyway? We're not gonna get a new manager, bigger budget, fewer seagulls. So panicking won't achieve much good, but optimism might actually.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Jesus wept, we all support the same team don't we. I think the Dumbarton result will be quite telling especially if the result does not go our way. A good performance is required as well as the result. I'm hoping that these first two games is just the squad struggling to gel together but also hoping that it will, and soon.

If I remember rightly last year Hearts had a poor start in the league cup (results and performance) and were slaughtered by their fans and then improved in the league. Would rather get these performances out the way now and hopefully learn from them.

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

If I remember rightly last year Hearts had a poor start in the league cup (results and performance) and were slaughtered by their fans and then improved in the league. Would rather get these performances out the way now and hopefully learn from them.

The squad that we have just now is just not good enough.We need to add at least 4 players but not crap like Michael Paton he offers nothing Kidd is not much better amazed he scored a pen .

We have to many players who won't make anything happen in a game pass it back dont take anyone on .

Somehow we have to get some pace into the team everything is so slow 

31 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The squad that we have just now is just not good enough.We need to add at least 4 players but not crap like Michael Paton he offers nothing Kidd is not much better amazed he scored a pen .

We have to many players who won't make anything happen in a game pass it back dont take anyone on .

Somehow we have to get some pace into the team everything is so slow 

Absolutely spot on .

Brighter note tonight Queens played better against Motherwell last Sat than Morton have tonight that's  for sure. 

Win for Queens the morn puts us 2nd in group and more importantly puts the early season bed wetters negativity to sleep for a bit

Mon the south

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Brighter note tonight Queens played better against Motherwell last Sat than Morton have tonight that's  for sure. 

Maybe Motherwell struggled to gel in their first game. 😉

12 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Must admit that result tonight is slightly encouraging 😄

What has Motherwell winning 4 nil  against Morton got your do with us.

We should just worry about our own results and trying to get 4 quality signing in if not we are in for a very poor season  this season already reminds me of the Gus season players signing for Queens who can't get a deal anywhere else 

It’s almost as if you played Motherwell with home advantage rather than at Fir Park, where you’d have got a similar bleaching if not worse.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

What has Motherwell winning 4 nil  against Morton got your do with us.

We should just worry about our own results and trying to get 4 quality signing in if not we are in for a very poor season  this season already reminds me of the Gus season players signing for Queens who can't get a deal anywhere else 

Shut up 😴 

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm intrigued by this bit.  How might optimism achieve some good?

If I thought it could help, I'd give it a try.

My partner is a singer. It's not the same as football but both are performance professions. When she gets bad reviews, or her directors are negative, or a crowd is unwelcoming, she has to actively make sure that doesn't affect her performance. Naturally, that is a part of the job, and she is fine almost all of the time, but she and our squad are all humans and capable of being affected by these things. When it has been rough for her and no-one has said anything too critical and she gets space to grow, she always turns it around. When she gets good reviews, it makes her glow and her singing even better! Bit of a random thing to say on a football forum, and she is probably at a higher level than Queens in their respective disciplines, but I think the principle is the same. Gotta trust people a little bit to get it right and then offer praise when it's due. The likes of Mercer, Murray and Dobbie (first time) have all stuck in an improved in their time with us, and the likes of Pybus and McRorie (sp) have said they want to do that.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It’s almost as if you played Motherwell with home advantage rather than at Fir Park, where you’d have got a similar bleaching if not worse.

Don't think so it took Motherwell till the 70thmin to get first goal, A penalty that should never have been given then 2 last min goals as Queens went for an equaliser... Time will tell tho. 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

My partner is a singer. It's not the same as football but both are performance professions. When she gets bad reviews, or her directors are negative, or a crowd is unwelcoming, she has to actively make sure that doesn't affect her performance. Naturally, that is a part of the job, and she is fine almost all of the time, but she and our squad are all humans and capable of being affected by these things. When it has been rough for her and no-one has said anything too critical and she gets space to grow, she always turns it around. When she gets good reviews, it makes her glow and her singing even better! Bit of a random thing to say on a football forum, and she is probably at a higher level than Queens in their respective disciplines, but I think the principle is the same. Gotta trust people a little bit to get it right and then offer praise when it's due. The likes of Mercer, Murray and Dobbie (first time) have all stuck in an improved in their time with us, and the likes of Pybus and McRorie (sp) have said they want to do that.

I can understand players’ performances being affected by crowd reactions. But that isn’t the point. We are talking about the views on here. First of all, if I was player, the last thing I would do is go on fans’ forums looking for reviews, especially after a shit performance. And, if I did read them, it would be in the knowledge that fans generally don’t know what they are talking about. And if a player does read this stuff and let the views of about half a dozen people affect them, they are in the wrong job. Add to that, if fans are being relentlessly positive when performances don’t merit it, players will know it is horseshit same as everybody else reading it. I ‘d rather people posted honest views than made stuff up just in case a player is daft enough to read it, or even more daft to take any notice of it.

In any case, do you seriously think that had the few folk who post on here been more positive last season, we would have finished higher up the league? I mean, really?