The Queen of the South thread

I thought Michael Paton's post match interview with Sandra was quite telling. He just came across as someone who couldn't be arsed. He seemed neither happy nor relieved at getting a full time contract. Had this been a new to the club young player then perhaps it was nerves, but not someone who has been around the block a few times. Contrast Paton's interview with Dan Pybus after Saturday's game. He was up for it, enthusiastic, happy to be at the club and excited at the prospect of 'kicking on'. More the attitude I want to see.

Couldn’t agree more awful interview. Sounded like he was doing Queens a favour. Talk about dour.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

You want him to be happy and smiling after Tuesday's performance??

Quite agree.  If he'd come on and been all smiley he'd probably have been criticised for looking like he didn't care we got beat.  Quite often people,  not just footballers,  are either good at being interviewed or they're not. 

I think it's time to cut Queens some slack, we've just started 2 games, the squad isn't complete yet, (I doubt if they're even fit yet), and we're not the only team suffering from shock results in the first week of the season. (Hamilton 0 QP 0; Stirling Albion 1 Hibs 1; Falkirk 1 Livingston 1; St Mirren 2 Dunfermline 3; Alloa 3 Elgin 3; Montrose 1 St Johnstone 0; Peterhead 0 Inverness 0; Kilmarnock 0 Conan's Quay 2) There's always shock results at this time of the season. Let's give it a bit of leeway before the knives come out.

8 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I think it's time to cut Queens some slack, we've just started 2 games, the squad isn't complete yet, (I doubt if they're even fit yet), and we're not the only team suffering from shock results in the first week of the season. (Hamilton 0 QP 0; Stirling Albion 1 Hibs 1; Falkirk 1 Livingston 1; St Mirren 2 Dunfermline 3; Alloa 3 Elgin 3; Montrose 1 St Johnstone 0; Peterhead 0 Inverness 0; Kilmarnock 0 Conan's Quay 2) There's always shock results at this time of the season. Let's give it a bit of leeway before the knives come out.

I agree, but you’re going to get slaughtered over the next 12 or so hours......

I agree, but you’re going to get slaughtered over the next 12 or so hours......

Not slaughtered but certainly disagreed with. The result wasn't my concern on Tuesday, the performance was. We were comfortable in the first half then somehow managed to blow a 2 goal lead to a side 2 divisions below. I've said it already but Annan were very poor, it's not as if they upped their game in the second half. We clearly went to pieces. It doesn't matter how early in the season it is, that's unacceptable and quite clearly AJ thinks the same thing given his interview. FWIW I'm glad he was clearly fizzing because I'd be raging if his attitude was "oh it doesn't matter, we have players to come in anyway, give us a break".

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not slaughtered but certainly disagreed with. The result wasn't my concern on Tuesday, the performance was. We were comfortable in the first half then somehow managed to blow a 2 goal lead to a side 2 divisions below. I've said it already but Annan were very poor, it's not as if they upped their game in the second half. We clearly went to pieces. It doesn't matter how early in the season it is, that's unacceptable and quite clearly AJ thinks the same thing given his interview. FWIW I'm glad he was clearly fizzing because I'd be raging if his attitude was "oh it doesn't matter, we have players to come in anyway, give us a break".

I am trying to be light hearted for goodness sake !!!

The point being made is that Queens first two performances  have not been good but it is certainly on a par with quite a number of clubs that could be argued should certainly be doing better given the resources afforded to them.

Jessie has his opinion and you have yours but on this particular point I am on the side of Jessie.

I am trying to be light hearted for goodness sake !!!
The point being made is that Queens first two performances  have not been good but it is certainly on a par with quite a number of clubs that could be argued should certainly be doing better given the resources afforded to them.
Jessie has his opinion and you have yours but on this particular point I am on the side of Jessie.

I'm well aware of the point he's making and I'm countering his point with mine. That's what a messageboard is bud ;)