The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He won the then 3rd Division (now League 2) with Cowdenbeath.

I just looked it up (against the rules, I know).

Was it not the second division, now League 1, ie the third tier?  

Either way, he's a good example of not pre-judging based on last club.  It looks like Lyle hadn't been among the goals for about four years before coming our way again, then hitting the form of his life over a sustained period.  

It must be said though, that his story is very much the exception.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Welcome back to Queens  Michael Paton,  looks like your biggest job will be winning a lot of "fans"  over. It's sad  though when  players are condemned before they've even kicked a ball in anger for us.

Paton has kicked a ball in anger for us before though which is why we are able to comment.

It would also appear he hasn’t kicked a ball since, hence the concern.

Paton undoubtedly has skill but he's also reluctant to cover much ground which is also in decline, first year he was with us he was one of my favourite players due to his creativeness but he just didn't look interested or willing to put in the graft and tailed off badly

I think his days as a wide player fitness wise are behind him (at this level) and AJ trying to play him at CM the last while with us was a move i backed, but he lacks dig in the middle of the park and as mentioned he will ALWAYS pull out of a 50/50. Put someone next to him at CM that will run their socks off and do the dirty work and he might do ok though

You're just lucky ICT have snapped up Vincent before AJ did!!

9 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Paton has kicked a ball in anger for us before though which is why we are able to comment.

It would also appear he hasn’t kicked a ball since, hence the concern.

I'll reserve judgement until he's got a few games under his belt this spell,  not on what he used to be like or what fans of other clubs think of him. He'll get due criticism like any player would if he deserves it but I'll have a bit of faith that Johnston knows what he's doing by signing him. 

On 13/07/2019 at 20:36, lowland star said:

Also the number 11 for Motherwell who scored second goal on loan from wolves will be on more money than the whole queens 11 players

He has signed for us permanently on a two year contract.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'll reserve judgement until he's got a few games under his belt this spell,  not on what he used to be like or what fans of other clubs think of him. He'll get due criticism like any player would if he deserves it but I'll have a bit of faith that Johnston knows what he's doing by signing him. 

Aye but how long will that take and how many consecutive games will he be able to play?

If my memory serves me well he didn't/couldn't manage many last time he was here and that was a few seasons ago!

Very much a meh signing for me.

Edited by Hawk

Check out the Queens Trust bookshelf tonight at @OfficialQosFC v @AnnanAthleticFC! Since this photo there has been a number of kind donations & the bookshelf is over flowing! There is also a box of great books next to them. All items only 50p each. All donations welcome.

BC874F67-6B94-46EE-9074-B6AFA6991D1A.jpeg

The next Queens Trust meeting is on Wednesday 24th July 2019 at 7pm at the Queens Arena. Meeting is open to all Queens Trust members. We will do our season ticket draw at this meeting so one week left to get those memberships in! Join today.

B431C57C-FF87-4688-AF72-B06C16EEDE09.jpeg