The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Source plz 

Think what he means is that he will hopefully be  released to go out on loan.

Wilson has another year left on his contract at Killie surely he will want to stay there and push for the 1st team Don Thomas is the same .

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Think what he means is that he will hopefully be  released to go out on loan.

Wilson has another year left on his contract at Killie surely he will want to stay there and push for the 1st team Don Thomas is the same .

At twenty years old if he is only going to play 7 or 8 games in the SPL then he should be going somewhere to play as many games as possible.

No good for his career to sit in the stands all season.

At that age you should train to play games on a Saturday.

Get this lad back and Queens are looking stronger than last season IMO.

Will people please accept that the top division is no longer called the SPL and hasn't been for a while now. 
Anyone who still does this deserves a boot squarely in the stones.

1 minute ago, Swarley said:
6 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
Will people please accept that the top division is no longer called the SPL and hasn't been for a while now. 

Anyone who still does this deserves a boot squarely in the stones.

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

Many Thanks for pointing it out.

It is good of you to take the time.

No problem,  I was on the thread anyway. 

Like the way Pybus came across in his interview. Hopefully stays fit and could be important for us. And encouraging that AJ was talking about another 4 or 5 to come in.

1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:

Like the way Pybus came across in his interview. Hopefully stays fit and could be important for us. And encouraging that AJ was talking about another 4 or 5 to come in.

Pybus did speak very well in his interview but I suppose that means nothing Iain Wilson was poor in his interview but he was probable our best loan signing last season.

Think AJ is now finding out how hard a job Gary Naysmith had as Queens manager very difficult to get good players in with our budget 

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Pybus did speak very well in his interview but I suppose that means nothing Iain Wilson was poor in his interview but he was probable our best loan signing last season.

Think AJ is now finding out how hard a job Gary Naysmith had as Queens manager very difficult to get good players in with our budget 

Naysmith had us playing fairly well and flirting with the top four in the first half of last season with a threadbare squad including mostly young inexperienced players to come off the bench. He had a  stronger squad to choose from after the January window but still managed to get us almost relegated. Naysmith's tactics in the second half of the season were the problem,  very little to do with the budget. 

36 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Naysmith had us playing fairly well and flirting with the top four in the first half of last season with a threadbare squad including mostly young inexperienced players to come off the bench. He had a  stronger squad to choose from after the January window but still managed to get us almost relegated. Naysmith's tactics in the second half of the season were the problem,  very little to do with the budget. 

Do you think there was a very marked tactical shift after January?

Thought the pitch looked and played better yesterday - must have been some work on it during the summer

No one has mentioned the ref - thought he had a good game and several times played tried to play advantage only when none arrived did he bring the game back

Seats were nice and clean - well done those who cleaned them last weekend

I always thought ball had to be in play when games is finished. How often to you see a team score, then other team takes kick off only for ref to blow final whistle. Yesterday whistle went while Motherwell were still celebrating - don't think I have seen that before (good job that didn't happen in Falkirk match last season!!) 

I thought the ref kept the game moving and was generally lenient with fouls, others could have flashed yellow card. I do think however he may have got the two penalties wrong. We await the QoS TV but if Motherwell prevented a goal by a hand ball on the line, that would have changed the game entirely. And the Motherwell penalty given was very soft, consensus seems to be it wasn’t.

Although I still prefer an honest mistake from the ref than interminable VAR reviews. Maybe if it was the last game of the season and not the first I wouldn’t be so phlegmatic.....