The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Heard today that Warren Pearson and Bowser Learmont have left the club . Two very good youth coaches .The fact that Warren travelled from the north east at his own expense is a testament to his commitment .Bowser played at a good level at Annan and knew where the back of the net was .It really shows what a shambles it is at Palmerston when two guys of that calibre have had enough .

I'm sure it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Warren Pearson had left or was leaving, hardly breaking news. How successful were the youth teams they coached,  I don't really pay much attention to them to be honest. 

12 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Heard today that Warren Pearson and Bowser Learmont have left the club . Two very good youth coaches .The fact that Warren travelled from the north east at his own expense is a testament to his commitment .Bowser played at a good level at Annan and knew where the back of the net was .It really shows what a shambles it is at Palmerston when two guys of that calibre have had enough .

You’re a former manager and coach big man. Why don’t  you offer your services ? 

You can certainly talk a good game 😊

Edited by the_palmy_pie

22 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

You’re a former manager and coach big man. Why don’t  you offer your services ? 

You can certainly talk a good game 😊

Don't anyone dare to criticise Mercer or Oliver today.

You'll be told to take your boots along on Tuesday night.

Team almost picks itself today. With Semple out, our back 4 does pick itself.

I’d imagine it’s between Hamilton and McCarthy to start, depending on the formation AJ plays, 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 seemingly his favoured ones judging by play-offs and previous spell.

With the players available I think it has got to be a 4 3 3

Playing a competitive game before the middle of July just seems ridiculous.....

even for the teams that have pulled their squads together it is too early !!!

I'm sure it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Warren Pearson had left or was leaving, hardly breaking news. How successful were the youth teams they coached,  I don't really pay much attention to them to be honest. 

Rumour has it that pearson dropped his dummy on the floor after his boy was released

Said on the other thread but I hope that formation was due to the personnel at his disposal and the fact it was Motherwell we were playing because if he intends on playing Dobbie up front himself we are in for a long hard season.

On the new signings:-

Hamilton - was poor. He didn't offer Mercer much protection and for the number of headers he went for he rarely won any. I'm hoping it's because he was out wide and he's a striker.

Pybus - started brightly but faded. Similar to Hamilton in that I hope it's because he was in an unfamiliar position. I think he'll be handy in the middle of the park. I also think he'll get sent off at some point this season.

Kilday - thought he was one of our best players and will be an asset if he stays fit.

McCarthy - I was actually impressed with him. He got stuck in and he could replace Jacobs. I think the problem was no one seemed to know what they were doing in there today. Him holding and Pybus attacking might be a decent combination.

McCrorie - a keeper that can catch!! Yay! He looks handy and will probably be a big player for us.

Kidd - waste of a jersey. He's not a midfielder, he never was a midfielder and he never will be a midfielder. We'll carry him for the majority of the season if he's going to be a regular starter.

Now before the usual suspects come on with the "one game and the players are being written off" pish, I'm only judging on what I saw. It was against better opposition and hopefully it'll get better with some more bodies coming in.

First competitive game over, liked the look of the new players very early days. Motherwell grew into the game as Queens faded in the last 20 mins. Motherwell looked stronger and fitter aided by there substitutions. The Queens squad will certainly need atleast another 3/4 players. Hope we will be more attack minded in the rest of the cup games and once we start league games. 

I forgot we were playing SPL opposition in the first half. 

By the second they'd worked out Mercer was easy meat and pushed on from there. 

Dobbie running solo should just be a one off. 

Couple more players and we should easily be a strong mid table team. 

I forgot we were playing SPL opposition in the first half. 
By the second they'd worked out Mercer was easy meat and pushed on from there. 
Dobbie running solo should just be a one off. 
Couple more players and we should easily be a strong mid table team. 

Harsh on Mercer. He had absolutely no protection. Murray should have been swapped with Hamilton as he would have at least helped.

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't anyone dare to criticise Mercer or Oliver today.

You'll be told to take your boots along on Tuesday night.

Mercer may get some grief...

Edited by ALOREBURNE

2 minutes ago, JessieField said:

We were OK first half but never in it second half. Fitness issues? Where was Oliver? A penalty, (couldn't say from where I was) and 2 poor goals in injury time took the shine off the result. A must win game on Tuesday now.

Oliver was there he will be OK for the Annan game. M Paton & L Brown were also sat with Oliver, Semple & Leighfield. Don't think we deserved to lose 3-0, lack of depth in squad showed, This competition is far too early for clubs like Queens who rely on players on loan from premiership teams once they confirm there squads. Sure by the first league game in Aug we will have another 4/5 bodies to call on.