The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I think AJ should perhaps register again as a player the way our squad and injuries is turning out.

Can't see the problem with current squad AJ has assembled. Another few loan signings before the league starts in August and we will be set. Injuries? only one I know of Semple.... 

McCarthy is another young and inexperienced player, but generally speaking I am happy to see us taking a punt on players like this.  The risk is greater, but the potential rewards are also greater than signing generic jobbers.

All that said I would be keen to see a bit of experience added now, and despite my tongue in cheek comment earlier perhaps Paton wouldn't be the worst idea.  I'd be worried if he was a starter, but he is experienced and versatile both favourable assets in a small squad.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

I think AJ should perhaps register again as a player the way our squad and injuries is turning out.

I get this is a tongue in cheek comment but we do have a first team squad of 15+ with plenty of time to add more signing and loans. AJ has had a difficult job and he's done pretty well considering. 

McCarthy is another young and inexperienced player, but generally speaking I am happy to see us taking a punt on players like this.  The risk is greater, but the potential rewards are also greater than signing generic jobbers.
All that said I would be keen to see a bit of experience added now, and despite my tongue in cheek comment earlier perhaps Paton wouldn't be the worst idea.  I'd be worried if he was a starter, but he is experienced and versatile both favourable assets in a small squad.

Not knowing players wages but I’m imagining Kidd, pybus and Mccarthy will all be pretty cheap, along with having something to prove which i totally agree with you on. I’m guessing/hoping there is still a fair bit in the money pot when a player of real quality becomes available. We really need some pace on wings and for me another centre mid hopefully in mould of Iain Wilson who could do a bit of everything in the middle.

Can't see the problem with current squad AJ has assembled. Another few loan signings before the league starts in August and we will be set. Injuries? only one I know of Semple.... 

I just hope that we continue with the one year loan deals so that the squad is settled. Mid season departures last year made it more difficult to maintain consistency with the added pressure on the manager of having to rebuild mid season. It would be great to see Iain Wilson back for a year long loan.

Heard today that Warren Pearson and Bowser Learmont have left the club . Two very good youth coaches .The fact that Warren travelled from the north east at his own expense is a testament to his commitment .Bowser played at a good level at Annan and knew where the back of the net was .It really shows what a shambles it is at Palmerston when two guys of that calibre have had enough .

Not knowing players wages but I’m imagining Kidd, pybus and Mccarthy will all be pretty cheap, along with having something to prove which i totally agree with you on. I’m guessing/hoping there is still a fair bit in the money pot when a player of real quality becomes available. We really need some pace on wings and for me another centre mid hopefully in mould of Iain Wilson who could do a bit of everything in the middle.
This

2 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Heard today that Warren Pearson and Bowser Learmont have left the club . Two very good youth coaches .The fact that Warren travelled from the north east at his own expense is a testament to his commitment .Bowser played at a good level at Annan and knew where the back of the net was .It really shows what a shambles it is at Palmerston when two guys of that calibre have had enough .

How  do you make it out to be a shambles when 2 coaches have left the club .

They could be a better calibre of coaches coming in to replace them .