The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well done all concerned.

I noticed that at the same time the sign got a tidy, that big Coffee Shop sign got dragged to a new resting place.  Are there plans for its removal, do you know?

We have been asking this for several weeks as well I think once the renovations are finished at that side of the arena it will then be moved and hopefully replaced.

So at present going into the 1st cup game our squad is pretty threadbare. The team picks itself almost with a lack of depth. For me ATM our team would be GK Mccrorie RB Kilday LB Holt CB Brownlie CB Semple RM Mercer LM Murray CM Kidd CM Pybus ST Dobbie ST Oliver.   Subs Leighfield, Hamilton, Irving, Irving, Gourlay.

Wonder if Paton will sign today hmmn. As meh as he is looking at that bench he'd be really useful.  I'm not sure if Semple is 100 percent fit yet so it's a straight choice between him and Hamilton for me. Thankfully players like Kidd, Mercer and Kilday are versatile so can shift around if required. You can only imagine unless the youths have improved dramatically after a wretched campaign that they are just squad fillers. I saw Peter Murphy at Annan bigging up one of our lads who was with us last season, but we'd rather of had noone on the bench than him so he can't be that good. 

36 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Hopefully there might be a last minute signing today. Fingers crossed

Looks like it will be loan deals down the line. A case of seeing who’s available when clubs get a proper look at their squads after pre-season etc.

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Looks like it will be loan deals down the line. A case of seeing who’s available when clubs get a proper look at their squads after pre-season etc.

Is Paton not signing? I know many are not keen but assumed it was going to happen.

18 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Is Paton not signing? I know many are not keen but assumed it was going to happen.

The fact he hasn’t signed yet after playing a few games tells me that we may be looking elsewhere. 

22 hours ago, LinkinFighter said:

Any pubs near the ground you guys would recommend? Away fan friendly.

Dumfries is a fantastic town, big fan. 

When I go I usually fire to the Cavern Arms, get some reasonably priced and decent scran, fire across the bridge for 1-2 hours before kick off and there's a few pubs close by each other where you'd see football fans, Globe/Spread Eagle Inn, good bunch in there everytime I've been in. 

Also a bar at the ground which is good, opposite side to the away end though. 

Surely if Paton was signing then he would have by now. He's been training for a couple of weeks and featured in all of our pre-season matches. Can't see him holding off for a better gig elsrwhere as he probably won't get that. 

If he doesn't sign today then i don't think he'll be signing at all. 

22 hours ago, LinkinFighter said:

Any pubs near the ground you guys would recommend? Away fan friendly.

Market Square is a 5 minute walk from the away end, and has 4 decent pubs pretty much next door to one another.