The Queen of the South thread

Stephen Kelly, a very highly rated 19yo central midfielder has just been loaned out from Rangers to Ayr.

Seen the lad play, a real talent and extremely fit. Very highly rated by the management team at Rangers and would have loved him here at Queens.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Championship clubs go in at the previous round in September:

https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/format

Apologies, you are correct. I for one am shocked to find the official SPFL Fixture Skeleton from which I took that info is in fact wrong and is missing a round for the Challenge Cup from it! They obviously changed the round arrangements after clinching the new sponsor.

Very surprised we haven't signed any more midfielders before the Motherwell game, Hopefully with a couple of days before the game we will. I don't think we can play trialists. So the only midfielders in squad are Pybus, Kidd, Murray, Oliver and young  D Irving. 

Very surprised we haven't signed any more midfielders before the Motherwell game, Hopefully with a couple of days before the game we will. I don't think we can play trialists. So the only midfielders in squad are Pybus, Kidd, Murray, Oliver and young  D Irving. 

Personally don’t see Oliver as a midfielder but obviously going to have to be used there Saturday. I’m in same boat thought we’d have added another couple then see what loans come up

2 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Personally don’t see Oliver as a midfielder but obviously going to have to be used there Saturday. I’m in same boat thought we’d have added another couple then see what loans come up

Na he ain't really but he could play on the wing. Yes agree 2 more before Sat and the get loan deals sorted before league starts in Aug. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Danny Irving is a full back. Right back generally.

Did you mean Ross Irving? Although he is probably more of a striker than a midfielder.