The Queen of the South thread

I always quite liked Kidd.  My nephew was sports scientist at C****c over the time Kidd came to Queens, and he always said that we had to play him through the middle to get the best out of him.

1 hour ago, oldhat said:

We do need two or three additional signings, but I have to say that I'm looking forward to this season more than I was last year.

Somehow we have to try and get better than Paton and Brown.

Don Thomas at Killie get him back on loan with Iain Wilson with him if only it was as easy as that probable no chance of either player coming back 

26 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Still think  Kilday will be used as a holding midfielder when Semple is fit.

Paton is getting every chance to show his worth.

Don’t think Kilday has ever played in midfield, can’t see that happening as he’s not the greatest distribution wise.  

Just now, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Don’t think Kilday has ever played in midfield, can’t see that happening as he’s not the greatest distribution wise.  

Not saying it will happen, but if being "not the greatest distribution wise" was an issue in playing holding midfield at this level Kyle Jacobs would never get a game there and you just signed him to play there and for me he is our biggest loss of the close season other than possibly Lyndon Dykes. 

Somehow we have to try and get better than Paton and Brown.
Don Thomas at Killie get him back on loan with Iain Wilson with him if only it was as easy as that probable no chance of either player coming back 

And have you even seen brown play?

30 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

And have you even seen brown play?

Wouldnt matter. We all know if there are two ways to interpret something, positively and negatively, the Rev I M Northfield knows only one way to turn.

To be fair, having watched the last two games, which his jollyness hasnt, Paton has done very well. Interesting to see if the manager decides he is worth a contract. He certainly hasnt done himself any harm.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wouldnt matter. We all know if there are two ways to interpret something, positively and negatively, the Rev I M Northfield knows only one way to turn.

To be fair, having watched the last two games, which his jollyness hasnt, Paton has done very well. Interesting to see if the manager decides he is worth a contract. He certainly hasnt done himself any harm.

I really liked Paton when he was last with us. I remain unconvinced that we we should sign him but to be fair it's based on concerns re chronic fitness rather than ability.  

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I really liked Paton when he was last with us. I remain unconvinced that we we should sign him but to be fair it's based on concerns re chronic fitness rather than ability.  

This.

Who doesn't play well when they are trying to get a contract? 

It is a gamble. 

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Paton will be giving everything he has to win a new contract..A fit Paton might be okay but how long will that last .

Liam Brown has he played well in the 2 games you have seen .

Edited by Northfield 53

I appreciate that sometimes a club of our stature has to take a punt on an injury prone player that would otherwise be playing at a higher level, then hope they stay fit. Prime example being Nicky Low.

It very rarely seems to work though.

Aside from that, even a fully fit Mick Paton isn’t a standout at this level. He blew hot and cold during his first stint.

I’d have exteme reservations about signing him.

15 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I appreciate that sometimes a club of our stature has to take a punt on an injury prone player that would otherwise be playing at a higher level, then hope they stay fit. Prime example being Nicky Low.

It very rarely seems to work though.

Aside from that, even a fully fit Mick Paton isn’t a standout at this level. He blew hot and cold during his first stint.

I’d have exteme reservations about signing him.

Injuries and lack of ability .No thanks .

I told yous about Liam Brown, McCarthy, semple and Hamilton a while back. The question I ask is who the English trialists are. I'm sure one was called Brown but not certain

Any more info/predictions on potential signings? You’ve been spot on so far

11 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Any more info/predictions on potential signings? You’ve been spot on so far

Some vaguely interesting info. We have signed a 20 year old from Guadeloupe who initially will probably be used in th 20s squad as an over ager. Benjamin Luissint

6 hours ago, football maniac said:

Some vaguely interesting info. We have signed a 20 year old from Guadeloupe who initially will probably be used in th 20s squad as an over ager. Benjamin Luissint

Information which has been on the OS for about a week. 

There are no "20s" any more either so there are no age limits on the Reserve squad.