The Queen of the South thread

I think Paton plus two more Centre Midfielders

Left and right winger, two centre mids needed then hopefully a bit left in budget cover down left hand side. Kidd provides that down right. I don’t want much...

Left and right winger, two centre mids needed then hopefully a bit left in budget cover down left hand side. Kidd provides that down right. I don’t want much...
Would be ideal.

All mouth and no action. 
A professional football club should be able to change a fixture board each week. That along with cleaning up the heaps upon heaps of birdshit on the seats shouldn't be the responsibility of volunteers. To have a go at a paying fan for not taking action themselves is laughable.

11 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

All mouth and no action. 

Wait, have I got this right?

Highlighting that a sign to advertise upcoming games, isn't always updated properly, means I should now take on the responsibility for cleaning that sign?

Really?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Highlighting that a sign to advertise upcoming games, isn't always updated properly, means I should now take on the responsibility for cleaning that sign?

Really?

I could be wrong but he doesn't seem happy with you today... 

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
31 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:
All mouth and no action. 

A professional football club should be able to change a fixture board each week. That along with cleaning up the heaps upon heaps of birdshit on the seats shouldn't be the responsibility of volunteers. To have a go at a paying fan for not taking action themselves is laughable.

THIS this this ,

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:
All mouth and no action. 

Queen of the South FC has ONE full time employee to do all these jobs you all love moaning about season after season. They're no different from any other football club which relies heavily on volunteers. Instead of constantly having a go at the club you supposedly love why don’t some of you offer to help out or even try turning up when the next Palmerston Tidy Up is organised. 

Far too many of you like to complain but sit back and do absolutely nothing to change the situation. 

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?

Why don’t you offer to change it ? You’re the one that passes it on a weekly basis. 

Queen of the South FC has ONE full time employee to do all these jobs you all love moaning about season after season. They're no different from any other football club which relies heavily on volunteers. Instead of constantly having a go at the club you supposedly love why don’t some of you offer to help out or even try turning up when the next Palmerston Tidy Up is organised. 
Far too many of you like to complain but sit back and do absolutely nothing to change the situation. 
I pay (at least) £18 every time I attend Palmerston. The football on show isn't always great but that's the case throughout the country so I'm never outraged that I don't see Barcelona-esque quality. I think for that price I should at least be able to sit in relative comfort and watch the game in a relatively clean environment. Sadly the latter is lacking. Seats are absolutely covered in shite in some areas and it was so bad last year it smelled like a pigeon coup. We have a terrible seagull problem in the town but this wasn't a weeks worth of droppings, it's months worth. Are you telling me it's too much to ask for these areas to be hosed down every week?

I hope the directors don't have the same attitude as you on this matter because much like the birdshit, it's absolutely stinking.

14 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Why don’t you offer to change it ? You’re the one that passes it on a weekly basis. 

What?

It's some sort of commercial operation whereby a sticker is created by a company according to some template.  Where does some bloke passing by with his dog come into it?

I moaned when my flight home from a holiday was delayed last year.  Should I have jumped in behind the wheel instead?

4 hours ago, SueSue said:

I think Paton plus two more Centre Midfielders

I'd rather we didn't sign Paton TBH. I liked him last time but he's too injury prone and hasn't done much of note recently. 

He played well for 30 minutes the other night to be fair to him but I don't see him as a season long option.

Delighted if he proved me wrong though

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'd rather we didn't sign Paton TBH. I liked him last time but he's too injury prone and hasn't done much of note recently. 

He played well for 30 minutes the other night to be fair to him but I don't see him as a season long option.

Delighted if he proved me wrong though

You are right DD .AJ has to be ruthless .Paton is done .

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I pay (at least) £18 every time I attend Palmerston. The football on show isn't always great but that's the case throughout the country so I'm never outraged that I don't see Barcelona-esque quality. I think for that price I should at least be able to sit in relative comfort and watch the game in a relatively clean environment. Sadly the latter is lacking. Seats are absolutely covered in shite in some areas and it was so bad last year it smelled like a pigeon coup. We have a terrible seagull problem in the town but this wasn't a weeks worth of droppings, it's months worth. Are you telling me it's too much to ask for these areas to be hosed down every week?

I hope the directors don't have the same attitude as you on this matter because much like the birdshit, it's absolutely stinking.

It took a group of approx 20 young volunteers over 4 hours to clean all the seats the home fans accommodate in the BDS Stand on Sunday. How long do you think it’ll take one man to do it ? 

It took a group of approx 20 young volunteers over 4 hours to clean all the seats the home fans accommodate in the BDS Stand on Sunday. How long do you think it’ll take one man to do it ? 

It's not every seat. Some areas are more effected, the problem being the worst areas are absolutely disgusting. If it was hosed once a week in the worst areas it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. I don't expect glistening seats, but I don't think it's being precious to expect these areas to be cleaned regularly. The volunteers will have made a good job of it but I expect the next time it'll be even close to being clean is next year when they do it all again which is pretty appalling. Not a good look for folk who might decide to go along for a game for the first time either.

1 minute ago, the_palmy_pie said:

I used to hate these types of problems during maths at school but I'll give it a try.  If 20 people take 4 hours that equals 80 man hours so 1 man will take 80 hours. 

You say they only cleaned the seats used by the home fans,  that's not very hospitable for the visiting fans having to sit on dirty seats.  I've been to stadiums that employ more full time ground staff and the seats are still filthy so the problem's not exclusive to Palmerston.