The Queen of the South thread

47 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

The season ahead is looking promising. There seems to be a fairly positive vibe about the season ahead and hopefully we get off to good start in the League cup. And hopefully the fans get behind the team and we see attendance rise. So far though so good this preseason.

Sounds like there's a great feeling at Palmerston.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm very optimistic about this. I thought McCrorie's performance against us in the Tuesday night game at Cappielow in February was the best 90 mins from a keeper against us last season. He made 2 or 3 really top class saves and came and took crosses all night. He was the reason Morton won. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of that.

I'd prefer it if our keeper had nothing to do!

Have to say I'm surprised that both McCrorie and Sevco have committed to a full year playing at a similar level, as I would have expected them to find a top-end Championship or bottom-six side this time round. He performed better for us from January than that overrated flapper Doohan was managing at Ayr, and on that showing at least should prove a very good signing for this level.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Have to say I'm surprised that both McCrorie and Sevco have committed to a full year playing at a similar level, as I would have expected them to find a top-end Championship or bottom-six side this time round. He performed better for us from January than that overrated flapper Doohan was managing at Ayr, and on that showing at least should prove a very good signing for this level.

Thought he would have went back to Morton 

Who is he? 
Rees Greenwood. Signed for us last season under Hartley, showed very brief flashes of being a player (put that into context though) then was never seen again once Hartley was dumped and was unceremoniously dumped by Ray at the first opportunity.

Best guess among us all IIRC was a seripus lack of fitness/attitude issues.

The way it happened was a bit weird.

51 minutes ago, DeStevie said:

Thought he would have went back to Morton 

We already had two young goalkeepers signed to compete for the starting place, but apparently one of them has just broke an ankle in training so the other - completely unproven - option will get the gig regardless. Good times.

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah that is interesting. He doesn't appear to have many first team appearances but I'd much rather a signing like this than another merry-go-round player. And he's a midfielder which is the best thing!

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah that is interesting. He doesn't appear to have many first team appearances but I'd much rather a signing like this than another merry-go-round player. And he's a midfielder which is the best thing!

A difficult one to get excited about.

21 years old but with only 2 Bradford City, and 4 Norwegian third tier appearances behind him.  Let's hope this is his breakthrough season.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A difficult one to get excited about.

21 years old but with only 2 Bradford City, and 4 Norwegian third tier appearances behind him.  Let's hope this is his breakthrough season.

Slightly off topic here Monkey T , but were you one of the volunteers that cleaned and painted the sign you’re obsessed with at Palmerston last Sunday ? If not , why not ? ;) 

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

AJ rates him so that’s fine by me. 

4 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Slightly off topic here Monkey T , but were you one of the volunteers that cleaned and painted the sign you’re obsessed with at Palmerston last Sunday ? If not , why not ? ;) 

No.

My problem is not to do with the prettiness or otherwise of the sign.