The Queen of the South thread

Pleased with the signing of McCrorie for a number of reasons:-
1. He’s already done well at this level.
2. The loan is season long and not 6 months as the press were speculating earlier in the week.
3. The confirmation from AJ that he wants a keeper to command his box.
4. He Isn’t Alan Martin

Really liking the look of our team at the moment. Wonder with a lack of CM’s and plenty defenders, we’ll go 3-4-1-2?

McCrorie
Kilday Brownlie Semple
Mercer Kidd TBC Holt
Oliver/Murray
Dobbie Oliver/Murray

Leaving youngsters + Hamilton and Leighfield on the bench

1 minute ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Really liking the look of our team at the moment. Wonder with a lack of CM’s and plenty defenders, we’ll go 3-4-1-2?

McCrorie
Kilday Brownlie Semple
Mercer Kidd TBC Holt
Oliver/Murray
Dobbie Oliver/Murray

You don’t actually think that’s business finished? Still a few midfielders to come in. 

Mcrorie is a very capable goalkeeper at this level. Some morton fans seem to think he has a good kick on him but I've always thought his kicking was his one real weakness, especially if he wants to progress at a higher level. Luckily he can throw the ball a lot further than he can kick it and it's an amazing way to start counter attacks that is an advantage over other teams in the league.

He had a couple of dodgy moments at a time when we were absolutely awful and the teams confidence was rock bottom, but I rarely remember feeling more confident and safe in a goalkeeper at this level in my time supporting Morton.

McCrorie
Kilday Brownlie Semple
Mercer Kidd TBC Holt
Oliver/Murray
Dobbie Oliver/Murray

That line-up just highlights how much we really need a midfield! I expect that's the only area we'll be bringing players in for from here on in.

I'm very optimistic about this. I thought McCrorie's performance against us in the Tuesday night game at Cappielow in February was the best 90 mins from a keeper against us last season. He made 2 or 3 really top class saves and came and took crosses all night. He was the reason Morton won. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of that.

You don’t actually think that’s business finished? Still a few midfielders to come in. 

Obviously. But I reckon he’s signed Kidd to play CM. I fully expect him to start the Motherwell game in their, and even if we did sign Michael Paton, id be disappointed to see him displace any of the forward 3

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Pleased with the signing of McCrorie for a number of reasons:-
1. He’s already done well at this level.
2. The loan is season long and not 6 months as the press were speculating earlier in the week.
3. The confirmation from AJ that he wants a keeper to command his box.
4. He Isn’t Alan Martin.

5. He isn't Lee Robinson.

Fixed.

This sounds good, but so did Martin, so I'll reserve judgement.

The idea of someone commanding the box and dealing with crosses feels utopian right now.  Still a bit anxious about Brownlie and Mercer, but things definitely look to be shaping up better at the back.

Cautiously hopeful we can enjoy a better season than last time if we employ some sort of midfield.  If it's any worse, we're certainly in bother.

9 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Obviously. But I reckon he’s signed Kidd to play CM. I fully expect him to start the Motherwell game in their, and even if we did sign Michael Paton, id be disappointed to see him displace any of the forward 3

Aye Kidd is a stick on for midfield and I’d imagine Paton would play the Todd role if signed. 

5 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

The season ahead is looking promising. There seems to be a fairly positive vibe about the season ahead and hopefully we get off to good start in the League cup. And hopefully the fans get behind the team and we see attendance rise. So far though so good this preseason.

Steady.

This is beginning to sound a lot like January.

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

The season ahead is looking promising. There seems to be a fairly positive vibe about the season ahead and hopefully we get off to good start in the League cup. And hopefully the fans get behind the team and we see attendance rise. So far though so good this preseason.

To be honest thats exactly how i felt this time last year

I would imagine that there is a good chance that we will sign Andrew McCarthy as a central midfielder.

On the brief showing at East Fife I would also think that Trialist No 21 (whoever he was) is very much on our radar.

I would imagine that there is a good chance that we will sign Andrew McCarthy as a central midfielder.

On the brief showing at East Fife I would also think that Trialist No 21 (whoever he was) is very much on our radar.
I haven't seen either of these players but would wager good money both are better in CM than Kidd.