The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Live blog of the East Fife friendly here from a local newspaper, who, unlike the official sources, don't need to call every trialist A Trialist. Michael Paton with an assist. Three trialists in the squad. I am assuming one is McRorie. Not sure who the other one is. Semple and Hamilton on the bench. For a still very incomplete squad, it's not a bad lineup.

QoS - Trialist, Mercer, Holt, Brownlie, Kilday, Kidd, Trialist, Oliver, Trialist, Dobbie, Murray.
Subs - Irving, E Gourlay, D Gourlay, Semple, Hamilton.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife-v-queen-of-the-south-updates-and-reaction-1-4957918

Can't have been McCrorie in goals tonight as think he is 6 foot plus.  Keeper tonight is nowhere near that tall.

Not sure I've been to a game where a team has made 9 simultaneous substitutions as we did tonight during the 2nd half with only the trialist keeper and Connor Murray staying on. 

I thought Kilday looked very decent. Good to see Holt back in a QOS strip. Semple is a big lad but looks to have gained a few pounds.

29 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Can't have been McCrorie in goals tonight as think he is 6 foot plus.  Keeper tonight is nowhere near that tall.

Not sure I've been to a game where a team has made 9 simultaneous substitutions as we did tonight during the 2nd half with only the trialist keeper and Connor Murray staying on. 

I thought Kilday looked very decent. Good to see Holt back in a QOS strip. Semple is a big lad but looks to have gained a few pounds.

It was a trialist in goals McCrorie wouldn't be listed as one. 

For what it’s worth I thought McCarthy the trialist who played with Partick last season looked decent in midfield although it is very difficult to gauge in a friendly.

The No 21 (I think)who came on late in an attacking midfield role looked very promising - someone said that he may have been from Sheffield Utd?

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He didn't even notice the right Trialists (there was no Max Brown there) so I think I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Were you there last night SD? From what I gather the starting trialists were Paton, McCarthy and a mystery goalie. Of the 4 on the bench I guess 2 were Brown and Quitongo with 2 unknowns. Did anyone catch the eye? How did Paton in particular look. From what Dumbarton fans were saying he was in a sorry state fitness wise last season and showed little when he was fit.