The Queen of the South thread

Watched Jack Hamilton for over a year in our reserves, big strong physical striker that can finish really well. Pretty quick too.

Scores an absolute barrel load of goals at reserve level, something like 31 in 27, prolific at that level. I'm disappointed we aren't keeping him to play in the first team as rotation or off the bench tbh. Definitely good enough for Championship level

I've got the fear Kidd has been brought in to play midfield.

I’ve got the fear he plans in not playing a midfield!

It sounds like Hamilton is our Dykes replacement. Hopefully he can link up with Dobbie as well as his predecessor but perhaps with a goal or two more.

I was hoping Murray was going to be used to replace Dobbie late on in games. I think the playoffs prove that is his best position, and that he was under utilised last season. Dobbie’s hamstring injuries prove that he was over utilised. I’m not sure where that leaves Gary Oliver though.

I suppose there’s an element of seeing who is available for us to sign then shoehorning the versatile players like Kidd, Oliver and Murray to fill in the gaps.

Just to note, above is the comments that made my ultimately disappointed with his stint with us. I had no idea who he was and low expectations until it was built up by Livi fans ... leading to my meh review.

Don't think he was upto much before if he was at Berwick? Vaguely remember reading their fans being surprised he got a move to Livingston or was at Livingston. Could be totally wrong though.

Not that it matters as you have Stephen fkn Dobbie anyway. Should be against the rules to sign another good striker. Keep it fair. [emoji12]

58 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Watched Jack Hamilton for over a year in our reserves, big strong physical striker that can finish really well. Pretty quick too.

Scores an absolute barrel load of goals at reserve level, something like 31 in 27, prolific at that level. I'm disappointed we aren't keeping him to play in the first team as rotation or off the bench tbh. Definitely good enough for Championship level

Isn't "definitely" good enough for Championship level as he was pretty unconvincing for us last season. Scored one goal and an important one, a winner at Cappielow, but that came from a Morton player kicking the ball off him into the net 😁. Otherwise didn't offer much of a threat at all. QoS fans might remember him from missing a sitter shortly before we scored that goal from a corner. Only a youngster though, perhaps with regular games and playing with someone like Dobbie he will come on. 

I was hoping Murray was going to be used to replace Dobbie late on in games. I think the playoffs prove that is his best position, and that he was under utilised last season.

I would suggest that you would still be under-utilising Murray if he was only to come on late on in games

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not that it matters as you have Stephen fkn Dobbie anyway. Should be against the rules to sign another good striker. Keep it fair. emoji12.png

We did our damnedest to keep it fair last season, by really striving to balance out the advantage of having Dobbie.

I think we managed it.

10 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Isn't "definitely" good enough for Championship level as he was pretty unconvincing for us last season. Scored one goal and an important one, a winner at Cappielow, but that came from a Morton player kicking the ball off him into the net 😁. Otherwise didn't offer much of a threat at all. QoS fans might remember him from missing a sitter shortly before we scored that goal from a corner. Only a youngster though, perhaps with regular games and playing with someone like Dobbie he will come on. 

I'd say he's good enough to play a part for us in the Premiership. Possible just that he didn't work well in Alloa's system. 

I'd say he's good enough to play a part for us in the Premiership. Possible just that he didn't work well in Alloa's system. 

Bold. I saw none of these qualities that would be make him in asset in the Premiership. Thought he would be League 1 or 2 bound for a loan spell, get more games.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Perhaps, but not a particularly promising sign that he offered so little in a team and system in which a few other young attacking loan signings from the Premier really flourished. Astonishing IMO to suggest he could do a job in the top flight at this stage of his career. But good luck to him, hope he starts to back up the faith Livi fans have in him. 

It sounds like Hamilton is our Dykes replacement. Hopefully he can link up with Dobbie as well as his predecessor but perhaps with a goal or two more.

I was hoping Murray was going to be used to replace Dobbie late on in games. I think the playoffs prove that is his best position, and that he was under utilised last season. Dobbie’s hamstring injuries prove that he was over utilised. I’m not sure where that leaves Gary Oliver though.

I suppose there’s an element of seeing who is available for us to sign then shoehorning the versatile players like Kidd, Oliver and Murray to fill in the gaps.

Good post apart from saying hamilton a replacement for dykes I think under Johnston we will see a style of football that we never saw under GN . There will be pace all over park I think we will see a different Gary Oliver and hopefully hamilton and Murray will give good options up front

24 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I would suggest that you would still be under-utilising Murray if he was only to come on late on in games

Perhaps, but unfortunately for him I see his best position as the one Dobbie plays in and he's not going to start ahead of him.  If he is starting out wide then I'd be concerned about our options out wide as he hasn't really done a lot when played there.

I like Murray and I hope he features more this coming season.  I think for him and the team though the best chance of that is coming on as a replacement for Dobbie.

Perhaps, but unfortunately for him I see his best position as the one Dobbie plays in and he's not going to start ahead of him.  If he is starting out wide then I'd be concerned about our options out wide as he hasn't really done a lot when played there.
I like Murray and I hope he features more this coming season.  I think for him and the team though the best chance of that is coming on as a replacement for Dobbie.

The play-offs last season saw AJ use 4-3-3 (bar the Montrose away fixture) with the front trio (Dobbie, Dykes and Murray) rotating quite regularly. They all played with freedom, and without a specific position across the front 3. Think this really helped Murray flourish.

By signing 4 centrally based attackers I would suggest he’s doing the same this season, with them drifting out and in regularly. Of course, Murray and Oliver can both play wing, but are better up front.

I wonder whether he’ll go a front 3 of Oliver, Dobbie and Hamilton, with Murray playing at the top of a midfield triangle?

Join / rejoin the Queens Trust for 2019/20! 4 @OfficialQosFC seasons tickets to be won. Membership for the year only £10 for adults and £5 for all concessions. Please support the Trust and the work we do.

80AB6BE9-387A-4CED-A9B5-69BC7E61E4DB.jpeg

Recently the Queens Trust has:
2x shirt draw entries 19/20
Player sponsorship 19/20
Sign board sponsorship 19/20
Matchday posters sponsorship 19/20
Sponsored local youth tournament.
Designed poster for Queens programme fair and ran stall at event.
Ran retro shirt auction.
Advert to support publication by DG standard of 100 years  Queens magazine.
Providing free sanitary products at Palmerston and in the Arena.
Local schools poster competition.
Stall at Queens Christmas fair.
Running bookshelf at Arena.
Selling old programmes to raise funds. 
Took table at Centenary Dinner. 
Promoting all things queens (matches, season tickets, soccer camps, events,hospitality etc on social media 
and so much more! 

Only with the support of our membership is this possible! Please join / re-join.

12 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

To be fair though Dobbie went through a fairly prolonged spell of unDobbieness last season where the main issue was we didn't have any obvious replacement. I'd hope AJ in those circumstances has the balls to drop him to the bench and play Murray.