The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, temps15 said:

Micheal paton training with us and looking like getting a deal
Don't think he was that great after his injury
Quote in the sun

He might just have struggled with adapting to part-time football, but after a bright start Michael Paton was one of our poorest performers last season. He rarely looked fit, seemed to jump out of every challenge (he was hooked at h/t and never played for us again after jumping out of one against Stenhousemuir in March) and had a knack of missing from ridiculous positions. I'd be really surprised to see him getting a return to Queen of the South.

3 hours ago, temps15 said:

Micheal paton training with us and looking like getting a deal
Don't think he was that great after his injury
Quote in the sun

Hope he just pre season traning with us to get fit, backward step signing Paton, good ability but was never up to pace of game first time around & injury prone. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Pretty much agree with Distant Doonhamer,  I would say a cracking player in his first spell here but spent too much time out injured and that's probably been the problem with his career since then. IF he gets a deal it should be on a pay per play basis otherwise it's not the return of an ex- player that I would be too overjoyed about. I suppose we've got to trust Johnston to recruit the players if he thinks they can do a decent job rather than on the old pals basis. 

This is when clubs decide on loans.  With us having a small squad should make us an attractive alternative for fringe players to get games and develop. First try out today then EF before Motherwell no pressure then. Looking forward to the season.

I remember Allan Johnston recieving a fair few negative comments about signing a certain Derek Young during his first transfer window. That came back to bite them, without a shadow of a doubt. The best thing would be let him get on with it under his restricted transfer budget. Hopefully he can find another few like Young.