The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does anyone know what happened to Deniz Mehmet. Do you think he would be worth a punt? He didn't get a decent run after a long injury and came straight into a side low on confidence.

He's doing pre-season with United but just to make up the numbers I think. Played as a trialist for East Fife in a bounce game apparently.

56 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

When was the last time we signed a player from the Juniors/Non League sector that went on to be a success at our level?

Perhaps there are no funds available to bring the players through or because we are playing at too high of standard nowadays.  

Peter Werherston

Steven Bowey 

I am in the camp where Lee Robinson in his last season at Palmy not any better than Alan Martin. But season  under Johnston was really good. Maybe something else we can blame Naysmith for is the poor form of our goalies. 
The season under AJ he was playing against part-timers though and didn't face anywhere near as many shots as he would at this level. He was a 'keeper I didn't mind in general but near the end he was boiling my piss. Continually kicking the ball out and running needlessly into attackers at goal kicks.
Got to agree with Besty on this, no chance of Lee Robinson returning!

Both Robinson and Martin were decent shotstoppers but didn’t handle crosses very well. Really need a dominant goalkeeper which might be difficult to find on our budget. Don’t know if Magic was interested in Derek Gaston who left Morton for Arbroath but someone like him with physical presence is needed!
Gaston was going to sign for us but we dilly-dallied and he took the offer from Arbroath. I posted that a few weeks back. The source being a family member of his.

Signing Kidd does feel like swapping Doyle but with a more attacking but pea hearted version.  I can’t say I’m that pleased signing any Falkirk squad player that has been there for the two seasons they have been stinking.  

Lee Robinson has consistently been found out every time he has played in the second tier. He has a body of work at this level and you know what you are getting and it is not significantly better than Martin.  

Does anyone know what happened to Deniz Mehmet. Do you think he would be worth a punt? He didn't get a decent run after a long injury and came straight into a side low on confidence.

Played with us last night, apparently going back to utd

23 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Signing Kidd does feel like swapping Doyle but with a more attacking but pea hearted version.  I can’t say I’m that pleased signing any Falkirk squad player that has been there for the two seasons they have been stinking.  

Lee Robinson has consistently been found out every time he has played in the second tier. He has a body of work at this level and you know what you are getting and it is not significantly better than Martin.  

I think you should be in management ,maybe ladies clothes or similar

It's happened just as I feared,  any talk of bringing Lee Robinson back would spark  Besty into life.  Lo and behold he he is. 

Regards Mehmet,  in today's papers Neilson will probably take him back to Dundee Utd. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs
Traumatised by Besty.

5 hours ago, Besty said:

There's not a chance of Robinson returning after the abuse he got during his last stint 

large.png

44 minutes ago, Besty said:

I think you should be in management ,maybe ladies clothes or similar

4 hours ago, football maniac said:

Theres a strong possibility we will see Jack Hamilton a young striker from Livi sign soon along with Lee Kilday. Also heard Kieran Wright a goalkeeper and an ex Sheffield Utd player are being looked at. 

In the Sun today that we have 16 trialists training with us.

Do we still have a friendly on Sat against Airdrie .