The Queen of the South thread

While not denying last season was somewhat of a disappointment we take solace from 1 win and a couple of draws against the Championship winning side.

It was somewhat unfortunate that we seemed to do well against the good teams but struggle against the dross, given that there was only one good team and 9 dross!

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It's Lewis Kidd.

I'm whelmed.

Yes, whelmed is about right.

He really came onto a game with us latterly, and I was sorry to see him go.  It's obviously not been great at times since though, so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Seemingly he’s been given an offer by a team that County are unable to match. Christ knows who that’s from, but I doubt it’s a Championship side.

Scott Fox left County for family reasons wanted to come back to Glasgow but he will want close to what he was on at County don't think Queens will get near that .

Lee Robinson will probable be the keeper hope not as he is no better than Martin .

5 minutes ago, patrick said:

guys kyle jacobs played for you.s last  season? how did you rate him,hes signed for morton.

You'll get a very varied selection of opinions with that question.  Two seasons back I would say most QoS fans would have been sorry if he had left but after last season he maybe didn't have the same level of support from fans. He's a hard worker and ball winner when on his game,  the main problem is his distribution after he wins the ball which is often a pass to the opposition.  Frustrating probably sums him up. 

18 minutes ago, patrick said:

guys kyle jacobs played for you.s last  season? how did you rate him,hes signed for morton.

He'll likely do well for you.s 😱

Anyway. He's a typical midfield dog in this league. A real team player, with a great ability to spoil and break up play. You will never have a concern that he can't be bothered.

His pass completion percentage must be in single figures though. 

36 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Scott Fox left County for family reasons wanted to come back to Glasgow but he will want close to what he was on at County don't think Queens will get near that .

Lee Robinson will probable be the keeper hope not as he is no better than Martin .

Beg to differ, not someone i would want to see back at Queens but he is without doubt better than Martin.

Goalkeepers are strange breed . When we signed Alan Martin everyone thought we had signed one of the better keepers in the championship but Christ he was hopeless from very start made our centre backs look poor because they had no confidence in him . Robinson on his day not a better keeper in championship and has always played well under Alan Johnston so would not be the worse option and will improve young Jack

I am in the camp where Lee Robinson in his last season at Palmy not any better than Alan Martin. But season  under Johnston was really good. Maybe something else we can blame Naysmith for is the poor form of our goalies. 

27 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

I am in the camp where Lee Robinson in his last season at Palmy not any better than Alan Martin. But season  under Johnston was really good. Maybe something else we can blame Naysmith for is the poor form of our goalies. 

There's not a chance of Robinson returning after the abuse he got during his last stint 

Got to agree with Besty on this, no chance of Lee Robinson returning!

Both Robinson and Martin were decent shotstoppers but didn’t handle crosses very well. Really need a dominant goalkeeper which might be difficult to find on our budget. Don’t know if Magic was interested in Derek Gaston who left Morton for Arbroath but someone like him with physical presence is needed!

Got to agree with Besty on this, no chance of Lee Robinson returning! 

Both Robinson and Martin were decent shotstoppers but didn’t handle crosses very well. Really need a dominant goalkeeper which might be difficult to find on our budget. Don’t know if Magic was interested in Derek Gaston who left Morton for Arbroath but someone like him with physical presence is needed!

I’m pretty sure Morton fans were critical of Gaston with regard to crosses

It’s little wonder Robinson got abuse with us last time as his ridiculous antics were utterly embarrassing. Pity as he was in general a very decent keeper for us.

When was the last time we signed a player from the Juniors/Non League sector that went on to be a success at our level?

Perhaps there are no funds available to bring the players through or because we are playing at too high of standard nowadays.