The Queen of the South thread

Gn connection probably brought him here. But sitting a million miles from anywhere pocketing macgregors money isn't for everyone 

2 hours ago, lowland star said:

Really pleased with Callum Semple resigning for us . The question is thou is why has he resigned with us because when he came on loan from Sheffield Utd everyone thought it was because of gn connection with them as a ex player wonder if it is a connection with a agent . Really think there is a player there and really hope he does well for us and pleased with all signing club has made maybe the board deserve a bit of credit for the way they are backing manager as every signing been quality so far

3 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does he still have some of the ban to serve or can he go straight in the team. Great signing. Just surprised Falkirk didn't get there first!

He got an 8 game ban. 

Served 3 and has 5 suspended.

So is free to play.......

5 hours ago, lowland star said:

One down one to go of ex players coming in . Also heard yesterday between queens and ano to get Zak rudden on loan for season

Who's the next them? Give us your very best guess

23 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Lewis Kidd perhaps...

It wouldn't be a shock if he did come back but considering he rarely featured for a struggling Falkirk side that was eventually relegated, could it be classed as a positive signing. Pretty meh I believe is the phrase. 

It wouldn't be a shock if he did come back but considering he rarely featured for a struggling Falkirk side that was eventually relegated, could it be classed as a positive signing. Pretty meh I believe is the phrase. 

Agree, but he’d be relatively cheap and he’s pretty versatile... trying to make positive of the signing if it happens. Didn’t particularly rate him last time

16 hours ago, lowland star said:

Really pleased with Callum Semple resigning for us . The question is thou is why has he resigned with us because when he came on loan from Sheffield Utd everyone thought it was because of gn connection with them as a ex player wonder if it is a connection with a agent . Really think there is a player there and really hope he does well for us and pleased with all signing club has made maybe the board deserve a bit of credit for the way they are backing manager as every signing been quality so far

Thought he showed a fair bit of potential when with us but far from the finished article. Hope he's progressed a bit on his holidays up north. I'd have liked to see Doyle stay mind you for a bit of his enthusiasm and commitment. 

9 hours ago, queenslad said:

Anyone know when the matches picked for TV will be announced? Are they still going to be BBC Scotland on a Friday night?

They will announce them when they have sorted their new "presenting" duo and yes still Friday at 19:05

9 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

True but would be a good squad player. Can play a couple of positions so ideal cover. 

I thought Kidd was a bit of a rough diamond who got better with us over time and may have improved even more given the right coaching.  That doesn't appear to have materialised and he's stagnated a bit at Falkirk.

I don't think he really counts as a versatile squad player, from memory the only positions he looked comfortable in were RB or RWB.  He looked utterly lost in midfield, and the less said about his attempt to play as a striker the better.

I would have been happy enough to have him signed if we didn't already have Mercer, but to me it is an "either/or" choice with those two, not both.

I thought Kidd was a bit of a rough diamond who got better with us over time and may have improved even more given the right coaching.  That doesn't appear to have materialised and he's stagnated a bit at Falkirk.
I don't think he really counts as a versatile squad player, from memory the only positions he looked comfortable in were RB or RWB.  He looked utterly lost in midfield, and the less said about his attempt to play as a striker the better.
I would have been happy enough to have him signed if we didn't already have Mercer, but to me it is an "either/or" choice with those two, not both.

Pretty much agree with all of that.
Likely that AJ will look to have 3 full backs in the squad you would think. On that basis Kidd would remain a possibility as things stand ??

54 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Pretty much agree with all of that.
Likely that AJ will look to have 3 full backs in the squad you would think. On that basis Kidd would remain a possibility as things stand ??

Ideally I'd prefer Holt as starting LB, A N Other as starting RB and Mercer as cover for both than Holt, Mercer and Kidd as our three options but I suppose we are such an unattractive offer for players we should count our blessings that anyone wants to sign for us at all.

18 minutes ago, SueSue said:

3 5 2 formation ??

If Marshall had stayed that might have worked quite well. Pretty sure Dunfermline fans complained quite regularly about AJs insistence on playing 4-4-2 though.

With Semple being left footed and Holt best at left back I'd hope we line up with a back four