The Queen of the South thread

Must be a lot of bank managers in the town everyone seems to know our budget someone give me the numbers if it's common knowledge. And if its as bad as you lot seem to know let's call in Martin Lewis otherwise
SHUT THE #@@# UP TALKING US DOWN

1919 QOS1919 move to Grangemouth if there so much better than us. We'll await your postcard from the clay hole and other exotic places 

Get all the crowds they want they've achieved exactly the same as us in the last 10 years. No less actually who finished 4th to hearts hibs and rangers. Always say finish above Falkirk and we'll be in the play offs not at the right end of the league this time but some might say a better outcome. No fan should be OK about a player moving to a rival because they will be again and probably for a long long time again 

He said they'd be in prem before us nothing like backing your own team 

Realisms boring always live above the clouds and it'll never rain on your parade

Superb meltdown tonight. Keep it flowing.

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

We'll miss Doyle, but more for his non-playing attributes than anything else.  It's hard to recall many players with as much heart and enthusiasm, and his leadership was much needed last season among a sea of timid shitebags.

However, as with most players who find their personality traits being talked up over their footballing ability it is for good reason, namely he is a fairly limited player.  He should coast the seaside league though, and is sure to become a fan's favourite.

I'm sad to see him go as he seems like great guy, and going by his words which I willing to take on face value, he appears to have built a bit of an affinity with the club.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though seeing as he was a regular part of an absolutely rank defence last season.  He is very replaceable and talk of "breaking the bank" to keep him is frankly nonsense.

Entirely this.

On balance, I'd have preferred it if Doyle had stayed, but he really wasn't all that.

A committed, industrious player, and a good natured bloke by all accounts.  Not a particularly special footballer though.  He'd be mad not to move to Falkirk to be honest, and good luck to him.

He's really not irreplaceable though.

This thread has gone somewhat mental in recent days.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Superb meltdown tonight. Keep it flowing.

It has been a cracking couple of days weather wise. I am surprised you have taken the day off from the sea side to come into the urban divisions. 

I hope you had a nice day. 

8F50692A-9A47-43F0-A6DA-62E556482C89.jpeg

1919 QOS1919 move to Grangemouth if there so much better than us. We'll await your postcard from the clay hole and other exotic places 
He said they'd be in prem before us nothing like backing your own team 
The nick of this [emoji38]

It seems that some supporters do love getting their tummies tickled.

Contrast the reactions to the moving on of Doyle and Harkins.  Now obviously the timings and natures of the departures are far from identical - I do get the difference between failing to sign a new contract and tearing one up.  However, both have left for what they perceive to be better offers elsewhere.

Because Harkins walked out, many felt a need to suddenly pretend he'd been hopeless anyway.  With Doyle though, there's a corresponding need for some to claim he was magnificent, primarily it seems, because he made some nice noises about the club and fans.

I'm not suggesting that Doyle made the comments cynically or insincerely, because I don't believe that's the case.  It surely doesn't need to mean we find them so seductive however, that we wildly exaggerate his worth as a player.

I was thoroughly sick to death of Queens by the end of last season. The same players, making the same mistakes, and giving away identical goals week on week. I was relishing the prospect of us emptying the majority of them over the summer. Nothing’s changed now that it has actually happened.

I’m not overly convinced by AJ’s appointment but he achieved the first part of his target by keeping us up and has deservedly earned some goodwill for that. I’m happy to trust his judgement for now.

We may go on to have an unbelievably shite season, but even then I doubt we’ll be saying “if only we had Cammy Bell, Mark Durnan and Mikey Doyle to save us from this mess”.

Its a loss no doubt but thats been the only player leaving i have been bothered about. Trust AJ to get the required bodies and standard in for us. Not the end of the world.

It's his versatility and leadership I'll miss rather than his actual footballing ability. But for all I'm disappointed he never re-signed, I won't lose sleep over losing him given how hopeless we were at the back last season. It's the reason I'm not in the slightest bit bothered Marshall and Fordyce didn't stay and why I feel 'meh' about Brownlie and Mercer staying. Every single one of our defenders over the last couple of years lost their men from set pieces on more than one occasion. Hard to believe any of them are irreplaceable.

OK Doyle was leader on the park and always gave 100% but what was his best position he said RB, I prefer Mercer. At CB he ain't tall enough and in midfield he was lost at times, Yes will miss his leadership qualities and versatility but we will be able to replace his footballing ability I am sure. 

The Andy McCarthy of last season made GGH seem positively athletic . Lucky to get a full-time gig based on his efforts last season. 

You don’t sound disappointed to be losing him. Does he have any redeeming features in a footballing sense?

8 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

You don’t sound disappointed to be losing him. Does he have any redeeming features in a footballing sense?

Played a nice throughball about 18 months ago for Doolan to score vs County.

Last season he seemed to have bulked up but this impinge on his mobility. Maybe if he can balance his bulk with fitness you might, just might have a decent option on your hands.