The Queen of the South thread

When will some football fans realise that contract negotiations are confidential and have no right to be made public.

Any interview from a Club representative would be very vague, along the lines of   -  we are in for a number of players and are awaiting their response.

You cannot have more than that so a complete waste of time and totally unnecessary.

Exercise a little patience , I am sure we will be able to field a team for our opening game.

Absolutely agree regarding confidentiality but no news at all when some of last year's team are being signed by other teams is a bit hard to take. Yes we'll be able to field a team of that there is no doubt but what standard will the new signings be? Falkirk, from listings in P&B, are interested in Doyle and also Mark Durnan, both we would like to see back in our team.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye that's the first big blow for me of the players not re-signing. I'm presuming he'll be going to Falkirk as well. They are clearly taking no chances on fucking up next season.

If he does then is it not a real lack of ambition? As has been mentioned, money talks..

If he does then is it not a real lack of ambition? As has been mentioned, money talks..
Not really. Falkirk will be in the Premiership before us regardless of where they are next season. A bigger club with more potential and likely a far bigger wage. It's a no-brainer for him to choose Falkirk over us.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Not really. Falkirk will be in the Premiership before us regardless of where they are next season. A bigger club with more potential and likely a far bigger wage. It's a no-brainer for him to choose Falkirk over us.

The plan to get back to the top flight has been on the go for nearly 10 years now and they are even further down the leagues 😂

The plan to get back to the top flight has been on the go for nearly 10 years now and they are even further down the leagues [emoji23]
Their current situation makes me giggle as well tbh. But lets not kid on we'll get there before them. If at all :(

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good luck to Mikey Doyle . Not the most gifted of footballers but boy is he a grafter. That’s all you can ask I guess.

Agree he always gave 100% & seemed  to be a great character in the dressing room. Only thing I would say is I don't know what position would be his best to play in if he had signed. 

Agree he always gave 100% & seemed  to be a great character in the dressing room. Only thing I would say is I don't know what position would be his best to play in if he had signed. 

I’m hoping if he does sign it’ll be permanent RB, not had one in about 4/5 years

Well really sad that we did not, or could not, push the boat out and re-sign Michael Doyle.  I don't blame him if he has a better offer from elsewhere, it is after all a job and no doubt he has a mortgage to pay etc. I suppose the real annoying thing about Doyle going elsewhere is that he clearly liked being with us and I for one wish him well...but not against Queens!