The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, patricelad said:

As a dunfermline fan aj and sandy usually do there business slow 2nd season he rushed about last minute and learned from that as last year his signings were quick to come in but he’d usually slow

Ah you’ve noticed the panic amongst some of our supporters 🙈

14 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Ah you’ve noticed the panic amongst some of our supporters 🙈

I'm not really panicking, I'm just worried that we start competitive football 3 weeks on Saturday against Motherwell. I can see us being totally unprepared for such a match and the possibility of being hammered in the opening match of the season which will damage us for months.

Been on here a few weeks now and I have to admit I don’t think I have heard so much negativity from fans of one club . Why don’t we give the manager and the board a little time to bring things together . Yes someone will likely say I posted to say about 6-8 signings inc 2 ex players still very sure this will happen . I have been following queens for a long time and yes I was one of the 914 fans in Copenhagen.
The one thing I am 100% sure of is the football will be a lot more enjoyable than the rubbish we had GN should have gone in January I think the Patrick game will go down as one of the poorest I have ever witness at Palmerston and if the chairman had not made the decision to get rid we would not have beaten Montrose and would now be in seaside league .

Doyle going to Falkirk ?.
There  iis no way we can pay anywhere near what Falkirk are paying so good luck to Doyle .
Bell Durnan and now Doyle  how do they expect fans to but season tickets when there are only 7 players signed 

Has Durnan actually signed with Falkirk?
Haven’t seen confirmation of this.

6 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Been on here a few weeks now and I have to admit I don’t think I have heard so much negativity from fans of one club . Why don’t we give the manager and the board a little time to bring things together . Yes someone will likely say I posted to say about 6-8 signings inc 2 ex players still very sure this will happen . I have been following queens for a long time and yes I was one of the 914 fans in Copenhagen.
The one thing I am 100% sure of is the football will be a lot more enjoyable than the rubbish we had GN should have gone in January I think the Patrick game will go down as one of the poorest I have ever witness at Palmerston and if the chairman had not made the decision to get rid we would not have beaten Montrose and would now be in seaside league .

Is that you Alan or is it Sandy? :)

Have some people on here only just started supporting Queens? I think some folk really need to get it into their heads that we will be a last resort for a lot of players. After Ayr's successful season last year and possibly a couple of development feesI expect we'll be the lowest paying FT side in the division this year. Players are naturally going to hold on for a better deal and only sign once nothing more tempting comes along. I think we are really lucky that we have a history with Holt and he's local, otherwise a player of his quality wouldn't be with us either. Of folk are expecting top quality signings and instantly, I suggest they take up supporting Man City.

19 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Are you still confident we'll sign 6-8 players by Saturday then? 

28 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Well said,

Have some people on here only just started supporting Queens? I think some folk really need to get it into their heads that we will be a last resort for a lot of players. After Ayr's successful season last year and possibly a couple of development feesI expect we'll be the lowest paying FT side in the division this year. Players are naturally going to hold on for a better deal and only sign once nothing more tempting comes along. I think we are really lucky that we have a history with Holt and he's local, otherwise a player of his quality wouldn't be with us either. Of folk are expecting top quality signings and instantly, I suggest they take up supporting Man City.

A positive fan good man

3 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
2 hours ago, lowland star said:

Really confident about the 2ex players sometime things take long to cross the line

Who are the two explayers that you think will re-sign?

Danny Carmichael and Lee Robinson.