The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Just relieved we haven’t gone for Cammy Bell. If we went for Carswell and he opted for PT Dumbarton over us - it probably all comes down to his job outside football. If he has a remunerative job then he would be crazy to give up a double income for a lowly paid FT contract with little or no security.

Carsy has a decent job on the railways with our sponsors, C&G Systems (where he works with Kyle Hutton who is seemingly like his best pal). He also agreed to re-sign for us about three weeks ago and it was just a matter of the paperwork being sorted - so I'd be surprised if there was anything in it from your end.

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Another target gone by looks of it Cammy Bell to Falkirk.... Oh we are struggling to get players... Still can see Lee returning in goal.. 

i wish cammy all the best . hope cammy can get back his old self . decent keeper at this level

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Carsy has a decent job on the railways with our sponsors, C&G Systems (where he works with Kyle Hutton who is seemingly like his best pal). He also agreed to re-sign for us about three weeks ago and it was just a matter of the paperwork being sorted - so I'd be surprised if there was anything in it from your end.

This is another problem Queens have on signing players .

If you have a decent job and play part time then Queens will not get anywhere near what you earn.

Queens pay poor full time wages so we will only get players later on when they can't get a deal anywhere else .

There are a lot of experts on this thread who seem to know everything about the budget the manager has to spend. As well as an inside knowledge of the best players available. I would assume from my knowledgless position that we will have a squad in place before competitive season starts and we will win some, draw some and lose some. Bring it on, so we can put all this close season bilge back to bed.

Let’s be realistic, Alloa will have an equal if not higher budget than Queens.
So if any player decides to go to Alloa and not Queens it is certainly not going to effect his football income.
No they won't.

No they won't.

Yep, agree. Absolutely bonkers to say Alloa are paying anywhere near yourselves. No doubt, if they can find a decent job outside of football it’ll be more all in.

We’ve got Stirling because you didn’t want him, which is likely with AJ in, or he’s looking further ahead going back PT. It was said that the players we were looking at were still wanting FT football though and that certainly wasn’t the case for Thomson, so maybe it was Stirling.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Talk to me about Micheal Doyle.

Good player always gives 100% good character in dressing room, not to sure if his best position very good utility player that can play across back line or midfield. 

Talk to me about Micheal Doyle.

Lacks in height for centre half but was probably our best after semple left, no the best on the ball. But a great organiser, decent defender, superb engine and character. Will be gutted if goes... sun aren’t usually far wrong when it comes to yous this pre season

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 hours ago, SueSue said:
Let’s be realistic, Alloa will have an equal if not higher budget than Queens.
So if any player decides to go to Alloa and not Queens it is certainly not going to effect his football income.

No they won't.

Yes they will.

28 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

No. He’s ours

Doyle going to Falkirk ?.

There  iis no way we can pay anywhere near what Falkirk are paying so good luck to Doyle .

Bell Durnan and now Doyle  how do they expect fans to but season tickets when there are only 7 players signed 

Whatever happened to the extra transfer fund idea that was doing to rounds on social media a few months back ? There seemed to be a decent bit of interest but nothing has come of it as far as I know. Ayr United have a successful similar idea and Greenock Morton fans have recently set up their own one with pledges over £100,000 the last I looked. 

Doesn't Billy Hewitson want the extra cash ?  He and the club need to get their  finger out and moves things on if they want extra funds for the manager. They’ve left it too late for this transfer  window by dragging their feet. It needs followed up or completely binned. Over to you Mr Chairman. 

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

Doyle going to Falkirk ?.

There  iis no way we can pay anywhere near what Falkirk are paying so good luck to Doyle .

Bell Durnan and now Doyle  how do they expect fans to but season tickets when there are only 7 players signed 

It’s a massive gamble  starting the season with only 7 players. Hopefully none get injured or we’re really in the shit ;)