The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Another target gone by looks of it Cammy Bell to Falkirk.... Oh we are struggling to get players... Still can see Lee returning in goal.. 

How do you know he was a target for us? I love the panic amongst folk, let’s just rush in and sign a bunch of players. I don’t want Bell anyway, we can do a lot better.

1 minute ago, QoS_1919 said:

Was still pretty optimistic up until today. A part time team offering a player a better wage than us is quite worrying. 

How do you know we offered him a deal, did you consider that AJ maybe didn’t want him? He is no great loss anyway. 

Just relieved we haven’t gone for Cammy Bell. If we went for Carswell and he opted for PT Dumbarton over us - it probably all comes down to his job outside football. If he has a remunerative job then he would be crazy to give up a double income for a lowly paid FT contract with little or no security.

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Was still pretty optimistic up until today. A part time team offering a player a better wage than us is quite worrying. 

What part time team has offered a player a better wage than us as a matter of interest?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

How do you know he was a target for us? I love the panic amongst folk, let’s just rush in and sign a bunch of players. I don’t want Bell anyway, we can do a lot better.

How do you know we offered him a deal, did you consider that AJ maybe didn’t want him? He is no great loss anyway. 

Just going with reports in papers.. 

I was on about Stirling. I don't 100% know no, but I've been told we did offer him a deal. Maybe you know more about it Skyline? 
It may well be he's planning for his future now. At 29 he's getting on and given he's a player reliant on pace he'll probably be finished in a year or two. PT may well suit him if it means he can get a job/study on the side. Something he can't do with us. I expect he'll be on less money at Alloa than us but the money he was on for us probably wasn't that much so a PT gig and a job will likely bring him in the same/more than had he just re-signed for us.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:
I was on about Stirling. I don't 100% know no, but I've been told we did offer him a deal. Maybe you know more about it Skyline? 

It may well be he's planning for his future now. At 29 he's getting on and given he's a player reliant on pace he'll probably be finished in a year or two. PT may well suit him if it means he can get a job/study on the side. Something he can't do with us. I expect he'll be on less money at Alloa than us but the money he was on for us probably wasn't that much so a PT gig and a job will likely bring him in the same/more than had he just re-signed for us.

A job and part time footy at Alloa will definetly give him more money, No doubt about that! A lot of part time players are good enough to go full time but don't because done if the  the "fulltime" in the championship can't match the wages, prime example  Rory Mcallister at Peterhead. 

I actually didn't realise he was 29. Makes more sense now that he's away to Alloa for part time football. Plus he stays in the championship and will probably be one of their more standout players. 

If we did offer him something though, I'd still be disappointed he chose Alloa over us. Saying that, he probably knew he wouldn't start as regularly as he would have liked and as 19QOS19 pointed out, he can study or work as well and plan for his future. 

Wish him all the best, except against us. 

O my god alloa have the same if not better budget than us and o dear cammy Bell not returning.  GET A GRIP you lot. Bells done just cos he's local doesn't mean he should be here. And according to some you would think we had to go round the pubs early on a sat night wi a begging bowl before Sally army get the best pickings. Doom doom doom 

Stop the panic ex goalie former ranger re-signing and a pacy striker to do dobbies running who's been here before ladies and gentlemen I give you

Colin Scott and Andy Thomson trying to get merrick but he's earning more as a model pretty boy that he is 

Dooomm

20 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

O my god alloa have the same if not better budget than us and o dear cammy Bell not returning.  GET A GRIP you lot. Bells done just cos he's local doesn't mean he should be here. And according to some you would think we had to go round the pubs early on a sat night wi a begging bowl before Sally army get the best pickings. Doom doom doom 

Would rather have LR back in goals if going to former players.