The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I’m pretty buzzing we’ve signed Andy Stirling tonight but what’s your thoughts on it?

I'm disappointed that Stirling has gone as he definitely has ability. That said he was inconsistent with us. 

In the 4 games that AJ took charge of in the play-offs Stirling only came on as a late sub in the the two against Montrose and the first Raith game and didn't get off the bench in the final match so I suspect Johnston didn't particularly rate him.

Anyway good luck to him at Alloa.

Not disappointed about losing Stirling as long as we have a good replacement, don't think Johnston rated him as hardly gave him any game time & to be honest he never really created much, looked lost on the pitch at times.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

10 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

I’m pretty buzzing we’ve signed Andy Stirling tonight but what’s your thoughts on it - good signing?

You must think it's a good signing if you are buzzing , why ask us if it's a good one  ? 

You must think it's a good signing if you are buzzing , why ask us if it's a good one  ? 

To find out exactly what he’s like. I’ve seen glimpses of him and thought he’s a player but it’s good to see both sides of it, which you guys have given me. So all good.

9 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Hopefully A.J. has players lined up to sign hopefully we can get Doyle to sign and at least another 8 new signing  !!!

I wouldn't hold your breath if his approach is the same as it was at us. Aims for players he has no chance of signing and leaves it very late in the transfer window, loves a loan deal though

Oh and no surprise he got rid of Stirling, did the same at the pars

Will be interesting to see how you lot get on this season

I wouldn't hold your breath if his approach is the same as it was at us. Aims for players he has no chance of signing and leaves it very late in the transfer window, loves a loan deal though
Oh and no surprise he got rid of Stirling, did the same at the pars
Will be interesting to see how you lot get on this season

Just hoping he manages to get derek young out of retirement [emoji7][emoji7]

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I like Marshall.

As others have said, a very committed and consistent player.

I'm a bit surprised that the upward move (yes I know it's sideways in terms of division) has come this summer, rather than last one, but hey ho.

Good luck to the guy.  The circular nature of the entire Holt thing is a bit weird though.

Someone said on Dundee page that Carlisle would get a development fee from Dundee  , surely it should be us getting the fee . You shed any knowledge on this Skyline Drifter 

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Just hoping he manages to get derek young out of retirement emoji7.pngemoji7.png

Never going to happen unfortunately, he's coaching one of the Aberdeen youth teams. But we all still dream of a team of Derek Youngs:wub:

14 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

He’s pretty pish tbh.

No that's harsh. On his day he could be one of our most positive players when he goes on a run, but I think he wasn't maybe encouraged to do this often (Naysmith tactics) or maybe hes a confidence player and wasn't always feeling up to it. Definite ability on the ball but as others hinted maybe not always to much end product.

On 17/06/2019 at 18:45, football maniac said:

I heard Stuart Carswell was a target

Signed a new deal with us last night. About time we didn't lose one of our best players to you lot - although Martin and Stirling enjoying pretty average spells might've put you off 😉

55 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

No that's harsh. On his day he could be one of our most positive players when he goes on a run, but I think he wasn't maybe encouraged to do this often (Naysmith tactics) or maybe hes a confidence player and wasn't always feeling up to it. Definite ability on the ball but as others hinted maybe not always to much end product.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  He is an attacking player that doesn't score or create goals.  That makes him pretty pish in my book.