The Queen of the South thread

A piece on Gary Oliver's signing in today's D&G Standard.  In it he says he knows Queens are a good Club,  Johnston is ambitious,  it's good stadium and good fans and he's looking forward to playing and learning from  good players like Dobbie.  Probably the usual thing you expect a new signing to say. He also spoke to a couple of players including ex- Morton teammate Doyle who spoke highly of the Club and Oliver said he was looking forward to hopefully linking up with him again.  I know nothing can be taken for granted but could this mean that Doyle may be keen to re-sign?  I think it would be a popular move if he did. 

A piece on Gary Oliver's signing in today's D&G Standard.  In it he says he knows Queens are a good Club,  Johnston is ambitious,  it's good stadium and good fans and he's looking forward to playing and learning from  good players like Dobbie.  Probably the usual thing you expect a new signing to say. He also spoke to a couple of players including ex- Morton teammate Doyle who spoke highly of the Club and Oliver said he was looking forward to hopefully linking up with him again.  I know nothing can be taken for granted but could this mean that Doyle may be keen to re-sign?  I think it would be a popular move if he did. 
I've liked this purely because you got "re-sign" correct.

Been having a look at the season predictor thread for the league and many fancy us for the play offs, presumably under the guidance of Dobs. On an unsurprising note, the Ayr fans want us down.

Not quite sure what to expect personally, a couple of handy signings needed but as per we will have to take the scraps of what the big boys in the league throw under the table to let us fight for with budget dictating this year in, year out. All in all, looking forward to another year of QotS in the championship, league where we belong I'm sure many would agree despite a few hiccups last yer :unsure:

Edited by abc2019
Mispelling

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Fae_the_ said:

I've liked this purely because you got "re-sign" correct.

Certain  players you hope re-sign,  others you're not bothered if they resign. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

17 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Does Northfield actually think we are only going to have a squad of 7 next season?

Bring back Rusty, all is forgiven.

We start training on Monday surely we should have had more than 7 players signed.

I obviously expect us to sign more players but will we now still get decent players or players nobody else wants 

18 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Dundee are keen in Jordan Marshall but face competition from clubs in England .

Looks like Marshall is away decent player but at least we have a good replacement in Kevin Holt .

We have a better player in Holt. 

Marshall has been a great servant and pretty much a model player for a club like ours.  Solid, consistent performances every week and gradual improvement year on year.  It is definitely in the interest of both parties if he moves on.  For us we have a ready made replacement and probable upgrade in Holt and for him it's time to try his hand somewhere else possibly at a higher level.

I have my doubts that he can make it at a higher level but I really hope he manages to.  His attitude appears to be bang on and that's half the battle.

On 13/06/2019 at 22:44, 19QOS19 said:

Reliably informed we blew the chance to get Gaston. Always thought he's looked decent against us so pretty gutted we fucked it up. Even more so if Martin was to re-sign.

Gaston was not even 1st choice at Morton he is not much better than Martin .

McCorie who replaced Gaston as 1 st choice wants to go back out on loan again from Rangers he would be good signing .

Training starts tomorrow for the few players we have 

45 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Gaston was not even 1st choice at Morton he is not much better than Martin .

McCorie who replaced Gaston as 1 st choice wants to go back out on loan again from Rangers he would be good signing .

Training starts tomorrow for the few players we have 

I'm sure there will more than the few signed players we have present at our training tomorrow,  probably a fair number of players the club wants to give trials to (as Dobbie 11 says above) plus some of last season's players still not signed up.  Like it or not it's the way a club with our resources has to find players,  mainly because the general use of 6 month or 1 year contracts means we usually require rebuilding jobs nearly every pre-season. I would like to think that the Manager knows that some of those players have already more or less agreed to sign. 

I take it that training is still based at Hamilton.