The Queen of the South thread

Has Bell played regularly anywhere he's been in last few years? Maybe a few at Thistle but thought he had struggled with injuries a lot recently?

Went on loan to St Johnstone, got a run of games while Zander Clark was injured. Did well by all accounts. Remember reading Tommy Wright was wanting him back but they’ve also been linked with Elliot Parish from Dundee. I too would take Cammy back. But we are allowed to sign players that didn’t formerly play for the club.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Went on loan to St Johnstone, got a run of games while Zander Clark was injured. Did well by all accounts. 

He played four games for us, and conceded 7 goals. He kept a clean sheet at Ibrox but the defence was unreal and kept them completely at bay, they only had one shot on target all match and it was a trundler.

In total he faced 11 shots, and conceded 7 goals, which is poor. We rushed Clark back when he wasnt even fully fit as Bell was costing us games. Against Hibs it was 1-1 until a ball was played in behind the defence, Bell was rooted into his six yard box, then finally came out but had left far too much time for the attacker. Again 1-0 up against Livingston, cross comes in to the penalty spot area, and he gets nowhere near it to leave a Livi player a free header. We then capitulated as the defence clearly had absolutely no faith in him.

Any chat about wanting him back was from fans, who saw him as a cheap back up player who wouldnt cost anything, I think/hope the manager has zero interest in him.

Fair play if he joins and plays well, but hes got zero agility now and makes the most bizarre decisions, it's as if hes not played for years and got so rusty he broke.

Cammy Bell was absolutely dreadful in his few games with us last year. Shots going straight through him, couldn’t catch crosses, couldn’t kick the ball beyond the halfway line. His performance in the 5-1 defeat at Morton was possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen Colin Stewart and Graeme Smith play for Thistle.

He played four games for us, and conceded 7 goals. He kept a clean sheet at Ibrox but the defence was unreal and kept them completely at bay, they only had one shot on target all match and it was a trundler.
In total he faced 11 shots, and conceded 7 goals, which is poor. We rushed Clark back when he wasnt even fully fit as Bell was costing us games. Against Hibs it was 1-1 until a ball was played in behind the defence, Bell was rooted into his six yard box, then finally came out but had left far too much time for the attacker. Again 1-0 up against Livingston, cross comes in to the penalty spot area, and he gets nowhere near it to leave a Livi player a free header. We then capitulated as the defence clearly had absolutely no faith in him.
Any chat about wanting him back was from fans, who saw him as a cheap back up player who wouldnt cost anything, I think/hope the manager has zero interest in him.
Fair play if he joins and plays well, but hes got zero agility now and makes the most bizarre decisions, it's as if hes not played for years and got so rusty he broke.

Was around time of rangers game so right enough that’ll be why

Thanks for the “heads up” - it will be a huge mistake if we go for him and I don’t think Messrs Johnston and Clark will make that error of judgement.

44 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Thanks for the “heads up” - it will be a huge mistake if we go for him and I don’t think Messrs Johnston and Clark will make that error of judgement.

Aye, Johnston and Clark definitely don't make errors of judgement with regards to signings... 

Bell has looked absolutely done for at least 4/5 seasons. I remember when he was at United where he looked in greater and greater pain every time he had  to kick the ball. Fair play to him for keeping going but frankly he shouldn’t be playing football.

Of course he fits our  recent signing criteria of having been to Dumfries more than for a football match, has a major debilitating injury and has been heard of by people. Only thing  missing is a serious character issue or weight problem.

2 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Bell has looked absolutely done for at least 4/5 seasons. I remember when he was at United where he looked in greater and greater pain every time he had  to kick the ball. Fair play to him for keeping going but frankly he shouldn’t be playing football.

Of course he fits our  recent signing criteria of having been to Dumfries more than for a football match, has a major debilitating injury and has been heard of by people. Only thing  missing is a serious character issue or weight problem.

His is overweight tbf

On 12/06/2019 at 15:43, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Whenever I have heard him on Sportsound  sounds a really decent guy and speaks well about the game.

I don't think his persistent injury problems would allow him to play regularly on plastic though.

Jamie  McDonald  could though !

If Cammy Bell was still a decent keeper then he would still be at Partick he had another year to go in his contract but Partick got rid probable cost them a lot to pay him off.

Does training start next week ?

I was hoping for more than 7  players signed up before it started !!!