The Queen of the South thread

21 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Gary Oliver returns on a 2 year deal.

Little underwhelming, if I'm honest.

This ^^^ and as other have touched on his goal scoring record in this league isn't very good.  I wasn't very impressed with him last time he was here ad I just find this a strange signing.

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Happy with Mercer resigning today, has been most improved player over last 18 months, now priority is Goalkeeper centre half & a central midfielder. 

Goalkeeper either Lee Robinson or Scott Fox.

Centre half Mark Durnan.

Midfield we really need at least 3 players  right now we only have Connor Murray .

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Dobbie was "once in a lifetime". If you're going to claim Oliver is underwhelming then Holt is overwhelming. 

Nope.

When I heard about Holt, I thought "ah, that's good." That's not being overwhelmed.

When I heard about Oliver, I thought "hmmm, that's not great.  He disappointed a bit before." That is to be underwhelmed.

I've only once in my lifetime been overwhelmed by a Queens signing.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

9 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Goalkeeper either Lee Robinson or Scott Fox.

Centre half Mark Durnan.

Midfield we really need at least 3 players  right now we only have Connor Murray .

Despite recent evidence I think we're still allowed to sign players who haven't previously played for us.  :o

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Has anyone ever felt whelmed? Neither under or over, just whelmed. 

As it happens, I believe the Guardian (who else?!) once had a debate on this very subject in its ‘Notes and queries’ section. Apparently it’s not possible to be just ‘whelmed’, it has to be over or under.  We can all sleep easy tonight knowing this.....

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

As it happens, I believe the Guardian (who else?!) once had a debate on this very subject in its ‘Notes and queries’ section. Apparently it’s not possible to be just ‘whelmed’, it has to be over or under.  We can all sleep easy tonight knowing this.....

Google would disagree

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=whelmed

Happy with Mercer resigning today, has been most improved player over last 18 months, now priority is Goalkeeper centre half & a central midfielder. 

Goalkeeper, centre half, right/left winger, couple of centre mids and a striker all needed for me

11 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Goalkeeper, centre half, right/left winger, couple of centre mids and a striker all needed for me

Just the 7 players  just wish the budget would allow us to get that many players in. 

We will have to try and get loan signings in again young players who don't cost a lot in wages

26 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Just the 7 players  just wish the budget would allow us to get that many players in. 

We will have to try and get loan signings in again young players who don't cost a lot in wages

Look at our current senior squad list  - if we don’t sign 7 players we probably wouldn’t be able to fill the bench! 

I’m pretty sure we’ll sign 7+ players - whether they are any good remains to be seen.

What is the budget ? Must of missed the official announcement.