The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Paddy Atkinson? ;) 

What was he, born in Singapore or something?

He was obviously part of the Geordie influx under Connolly though.  That begs another question.  What's the biggest number of non-Scots we've fielded?  

There would have been a good few in our teams from that era.  As seen though, there would have been plenty lately too.  We've certainly had several notable English individuals down the years, but I don't know if we'd have had sides that featured relatively few Scots in earlier days.  

SD or anyone else able to shed any light?

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
3 hours ago, lowland star said:
From what I heard tonight queens will sign between 6&8 players by next sat with at least 2 being former players .

Gavin Reilly I hoping for. Could do the running work for sir Stephen and could actually hit the back of the net when he gets a chance.

There is as much chance of the drifter being in goals .

Please be serious .

50 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

There is as much chance of the drifter being in goals .

Please be serious .

I exactly, maybe more in the lines of Kidd, Durnan & maybe a goalkeeper as well as maybe others. 

I think it’s a fair assumption that AJ was lined up for next season regardless, but our capitulation forced the board’s hand to bring him in early.

If that is the case then I’m sure he already had an idea of who he wanted to keep or punt, and players in mind to replace them.

We are obviously going to be making signings otherwise we’ll be kicked out the league and forced to join a 5-aside league. Some people need to calm down.

I think it’s a fair assumption that AJ was lined up for next season regardless, but our capitulation forced the board’s hand to bring him in early.

If that is the case then I’m sure he already had an idea of who he wanted to keep or punt, and players in mind to replace them.

We are obviously going to be making signings otherwise we’ll be kicked out the league and forced to join a 5-aside league. Some people need to calm down.
What you are saying is...

He wasn't given a fair chance with us the last time around so I'm certainly not gutted. He'll have the legs to do Dobbie's running and is capable of finding the net himself. Not a bad signing IMO.

Gary Oliver returns on a 2 year deal.
Little underwhelming, if I'm honest.

Underwhelming is the exact phrase that came to mind when I saw the news.

He’ll do Dobbie’s running for him, not sure what else he brings to the table. He was a pea-hearted sand dancer last time out so he will fill Stirling’s boots I suppose.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He wasn't given a fair chance with us the last time around so I'm certainly not gutted. He'll have the legs to do Dobbie's running and is capable of finding the net himself. Not a bad signing IMO.

:huh:

Think he could be a decent option for you just behind Dobbie.

Played his best football for us in the middle, just off a striker. ( Him and Quitongo worked very well together)

He wasn't everyone's cup of tea but he was pretty well liked by most of us.

Good luck to him.