The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

Callum Antell, canny think o emdy else.  Worked in Dumbarton for a while and watched a lot of Sons games. Was really hoping that Aldo and Andy would be a success. Martin has been a huge disappointment and Stirling blows hot and (mostly cold). Shame.

Barry John Corr, John Hillcoat to name another two bombscares.

Martin was a typical signing for Queens, looks good against you but falls a bit short once he signs.   I don't share your view on Andy Stirling, I think he was  one of our better players in the season just finished. He maybe had a problem with Naysmith the previous season when he was loaned out to Dumbarton, but I thought he really knuckled down and worked hard when he came back.  He didn't feature much under Johnston in the play-offs so maybe he's on his way out but I would hope we try and get him signed again.

14 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

Fair point re the keepers but I really do think Martin is in the same bracket. Agree with you about Stirling, defo has something about him, hopefully AJ will get the best out of him. There is a player in there.

Has Stirling even been offered a new contract? The club hasn't said if any of the players out of contract have been offered a new deal or not... 

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We never do. 

Which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

Brownlie was obviously offered a new deal.  Otherwise, the players either weren't, or are holding out to see if there are other options to consider.  

On Stirling, I'm guessing there's not been an offer, given that he was sidelined a bit at the end.  I might be havering though.

If AJ is going to play with a rotating 3 up front, I think Andy Stirling could fit into this system easily. When he has his A-Game on all the Queens fans love him.
Don’t think GN could get the best out of him, but definitely a player I would like to see in a Queens shirt next season.

15 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

If AJ is going to play with a rotating 3 up front, I think Andy Stirling could fit into this system easily. When he has his A-Game on all the Queens fans love him.
Don’t think GN could get the best out of him, but definitely a player I would like to see in a Queens shirt next season.

Stirling is a decent player but can we get better .

How often is Stirling on his A-Game 

2 hours ago, mckenna said:

Struggling to recall the really good periods that Stirling had

Shitbags it usually when a shot is on. Far too many times he will be in a good scoring opportunity and he will choose to pass rather than belt one at goal. 

Edited by Arsene Parcelly
spelling

16 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Has Stirling even been offered a new contract? The club hasn't said if any of the players out of contract have been offered a new deal or not... 

And why should they Paul ? Several have been offered and the manager is now waiting on decisions to be made. 

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

And why should they Paul ? Several have been offered and the manager is now waiting on decisions to be made. 

Just asking what a lot of fans are thinking. Several? who are they then? 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Just asking what a lot of fans are thinking. Several? who are they then? 

As far as I can see, the only players who could have been made offers are Martin, Mehmet, Mercer, Marshall, Doyle, McGrath and Stirling. As Holt has signed, we are unlikely to be keeping Marshall.

Which of the others, who would have been directly relegated were it not for Dobbie’s goals (or a last kick penalty if you prefer) are you desperate to keep?  

Edited by Flash

On 01/06/2019 at 20:49, SUPERSOUTH said:

Jack Leighfield signs 2 year deal, hopefully Johnston can get a good no1 in that Jack can learn off, rumour Mill on other sites mentions D Gaston ex Morton he also is Killie goalkeeper Academy coach, so possibility there. 

Gaston signed for Arbroath. 

On 01/06/2019 at 20:49, SUPERSOUTH said:

Jack Leighfield signs 2 year deal, hopefully Johnston can get a good no1 in that Jack can learn off, rumour Mill on other sites mentions D Gaston ex Morton he also is Killie goalkeeper Academy coach, so possibility there. 

On 02/06/2019 at 10:22, Distant Doonhamer said:

Isn’t Gaston a skilled line dancer. We don’t want another one!

On 02/06/2019 at 10:45, Northfield 53 said:

If Gaston was not good enough for Morton on the bench most of the season why should he get a offer from Queens .

Gaston signs for Arbroath