The Queen of the South thread

9 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Not sure on the exact figure, but I’m led to believe we made £30’000 (ish) for getting out of the BetFred Cup group-stages. I’m sure someone will have a link to prize money, but that’s £30000 we never had last season, and probably makes up for our lower league position. Cup ties at Dens and Pittodrie, with TV money would’ve also helped.

Its not an extra £30k though, we got £20k or so for finishing 3rd in the Betfred group the year before. Its only an extra £10k or so (dont have actual figs to hand). It certainly doesnt cover a league place drop.

The Scottish Cup tv money is a fraction of what it used to be too.

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

One of his best performances for us came against you lot at Dens where he tore your right back to shreds.

Despite that I’m unconvinced he is a natural wide man. He can take men on but often doesn’t. He prefers to drift inside and get a shot away rather than getting to the byline.

He also had a fairly successful time for us played in centre mid.

He’s got bags of talent but like so many players at this level the challenge is getting consistent performances from them. He maybe lacks a bit of fire in his belly at times as well.

He’d be a good signing for anyone at this level and I’d be delighted if it was us.

Agree with this summary.  I'd add that he frustrated me sometimes in that he appeared to be quiet for half a match before being more attack minded in the second half.  This no doubt owed more to our (then)  Manager's tactics of being over cautious with the wide men having to sit deeper.  We never really replaced him during his time out injured,  Aird was virtually a waste of a loan signing and young Murray didn't get much of a look-in.  Todd is a good top end  of Championship level player IMO. 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its not an extra £30k though, we got £20k or so for finishing 3rd in the Betfred group the year before. Its only an extra £10k or so (dont have actual figs to hand). It certainly doesnt cover a league place drop.

The Scottish Cup tv money is a fraction of what it used to be too.

We made more money this season than last that’s for sure.