The Queen of the South thread

The budget will be cut this year.

Queens only got £36 ,000 odd from the league because of our poor league position .

The likes of Morton got over £90,000 Ayr got close to £150,000..

At our level every penny counts going to be very difficult to try and get a good squad together on our small budget.

52 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens only got £36 ,000 odd from the league because of our poor league position .

At our level every penny counts going to be very difficult to try and get a good squad together on our small budget.

Really ? And let’s not forget the extra money made due to progression in the cups....... Oh and the crowd average was up on the previous season.

You don’t half talk some sh1te 

D0DBF0DC-4A4F-455D-8080-AB85A0AE539E.jpeg

A village really is missing an idiot!

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

The full list of prize money is published here.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Add in the bigger than normal crowd for the Thistle game, plus the 2 play-off home games, and we probably made more money from finishing 9th than we would have from finishing 7th if the last league game had been meaningless.

The numbers also show that, everything else being equal, it is better for the clubs competing for promotion to have the Championship team stay down rather than have the Premiership team relegated. If St.Mirren come down, they will get £1,687,500, including the parachute, whereas Dundee U will get £475,000. St.Mirren will also have received money from UEFA which only goes to Premiership clubs. Of course, it doesn’t take account of funding from owners etc. 

Not sure on the exact figure, but I’m led to believe we made £30’000 (ish) for getting out of the BetFred Cup group-stages. I’m sure someone will have a link to prize money, but that’s £30000 we never had last season, and probably makes up for our lower league position. Cup ties at Dens and Pittodrie, with TV money would’ve also helped.

I don’t think the playing budget will be all too different from this seasons to be honest. One of the lowest in the league, but sometimes a smaller, tight-knit squad can work in your favour

On 24/05/2019 at 10:10, die hard doonhamer said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/898784/josh-todd-transfer-to-dundee-in-doubt/

Apparently Josh Todd's PCA with Dundee had a clause that said it could be cancelled if Dundee were relegated. Would love to see us somehow hold on to him.

This newspaper article is pretty much what everyone would be thinking. Would imagine his wages wouldn't change so it would be down to if he think he fits in with a new managers plans or his ambition to play in the SPL. 

Wishful thinking if he stays with us I would guess. 

13 hours ago, Flash said:

The full list of prize money is published here.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Add in the bigger than normal crowd for the Thistle game, plus the 2 play-off home games, and we probably made more money from finishing 9th than we would have from finishing 7th if the last league game had been meaningless.

The numbers also show that, everything else being equal, it is better for the clubs competing for promotion to have the Championship team stay down rather than have the Premiership team relegated. If St.Mirren come down, they will get £1,687,500, including the parachute, whereas Dundee U will get £475,000. St.Mirren will also have received money from UEFA which only goes to Premiership clubs. Of course, it doesn’t take account of funding from owners etc. 

The playoff games take it they are like Cup ties  both clubs get half the gate money .

When are Queens going to say who is getting released most clubs do it after the last game of the season .

Edited by Northfield 53

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The playoff games take it they are like Cup ties  both clubs get half the gate money 

I think that the SPFL get half the money and the rest split between the club's.   It has been a while since I read that though so things may have changed. 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

I think that the SPFL get half the money and the rest split between the club's.   It has been a while since I read that though so things may have changed. 

That is what I thought I am sure that's what happened when we played Rangers in the playoffs 

Guest Flash
14 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The playoff games take it they are like Cup ties  both clubs get half the gate money .

9 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

It is only the Premiership play-offs gate money that is shared with the SPFL who get 42.5% with the home club in each match keeping the rest. In the Championship, League 1 and League 2 play-offs, the home clubs keep all of the gate money. The lower league play-offs also have no minimum pricing and season tickets can be valid as well.

What's Josh Todd like as a player? I know the majority of you rated him as the second most important behind Dobbie, but is that necessarily a compliment considering your finishing place?

Will he take on men? Does he get fans off the seat? Hard tackle? Good shot? Creative genius? What's he like?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's Josh Todd like as a player? I know the majority of you rated him as the second most important behind Dobbie, but is that necessarily a compliment considering your finishing place?

Will he take on men? Does he get fans off the seat? Hard tackle? Good shot? Creative genius? What's he like?

He will do more than a good job in the Championship.

keeps the ball well, can take on a man and works hard. 

One of his best performances for us came against you lot at Dens where he tore your right back to shreds.

Despite that I’m unconvinced he is a natural wide man. He can take men on but often doesn’t. He prefers to drift inside and get a shot away rather than getting to the byline.

He also had a fairly successful time for us played in centre mid.

He’s got bags of talent but like so many players at this level the challenge is getting consistent performances from them. He maybe lacks a bit of fire in his belly at times as well.

He’d be a good signing for anyone at this level and I’d be delighted if it was us.