The Queen of the South thread

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes can we get better than Martin ?.
He is not perfect but he is easily the best keeper of the 3 we have just now .

Do you think we play in the Lowland League ffs.

No-one can seriously think keeping Martin is a good idea? Madness.

I’d be looking to secure a young loanee, with Leighfield as back. It’s the template that has provided us the most success in recent times.

Clark and Macdonald especially. Bell and Robinson to a lesser degree but still streets ahead of anything Martin has done in a Queens shirt.

39 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I agree with this but I'm not sure it means we should keep him.

Guest Flash
46 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

That is like saying Dopey is the tallest dwarf.

Well good luck to the Doonhamers next season, no complaints you were the better team over the two games and we just didn’t have enough to offer. Best not put away my bucket and spade just yet. Enjoyable day down at Palmerston even if we didn’t get the result we needed.

Championship thread post dizzy heights and a nosebleed

10 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Someone's left their grandad in the Early Seasons thread. Any chance you could pop back over and collect him? 

Cheers. 

His carers were wondering where he had got to.  He's usually harmless but developing a bit of VT'itis which is worrying. 

3 hours ago, football maniac said:

So Kelty Hearts beat us, Forfar, Arbroath, Airdrie and East Fife to the signing of Nathan Austin. Seems they are well funded

I don't think any of the full time sides had a chance. I read he's gone part time and doing an apprenticeship alongside his football.

Season Tickets for 2019/2020 season are now on sale in Club Shop.  Prices the same as  last year's.  (From OS.) 

Considering it was only Saturday that we knew what division we would be playing in it looks like a gamble was taken to print them so soon. Maybe of course the club was going to charge last years prices if we dropped into League 1 so only really the front cover of the season ticket book would be affected. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

6 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

I may have missed something here but are we having a new home kit for next season?

Yes sure it's blue with Queens tartan down side 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest Flash
11 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Season Tickets for 2019/2020 season are now on sale in Club Shop.  Prices the same as  last year's.  (From OS.) 

Considering it was only Saturday that we knew what division we would be playing in it looks like a gamble was taken to print them so soon. Maybe of course the club was going to charge last years prices if we dropped into League 1 so only really the front cover of the season ticket book would be affected. 

The club said season tickets were worth £285 when advertising the shirt draw on 2 May.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4530

14 minutes ago, Flash said:

The club said season tickets were worth £285 when advertising the shirt draw on 2 May.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4530

Yes, £285 is the cost of an adult season ticket which must have been the cost of an adult ticket last season also.

Guest Flash
18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yes, £285 is the cost of an adult season ticket which must have been the cost of an adult ticket last season also.

Yes, £285 was the price set for next season before the club knew what division we would be playing in, which was what you were querying in your post. The news item tends to indicate that they would have charged the same whatever division we were in, otherwise they were being misleading on the value of the shirt draw tickets. As I was confirming your point about prices being the same no matter what division we were in next season, I’m not sure why you are speaking to me like I’m the one being thick.

12 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You can purchase them but they are not printed yet. They’ll be posted out on arrival. 

23 minutes ago, Flash said:

Yes, £285 was the price set for next season before the club knew what division we would be playing in, which was what you were querying in your post. The news item tends to indicate that they would have charged the same whatever division we were in, otherwise they were being misleading on the value of the shirt draw tickets. As I was confirming your point about prices being the same no matter what division we were in next season, I’m not sure why you are speaking to me like I’m the one being thick.

When the shirt draw was being advertised the season ticket price was indeed valued at £285 but if Queens had been relegated they would of revalued it. That’s the reason season tickets weren’t on sale at the recent football memorabilia fair as planned because they weren’t sure what division they’d be in.  

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

When the shirt draw was being advertised the season ticket price was indeed valued at £285 but if Queens had been relegated they would of revalued it. That’s the reason season tickets weren’t on sale at the recent football memorabilia fair as planned because they weren’t sure what division they’d be in.  

Well, that was misleading then. People were paying £425 for a draw entry thinking they would at least get something worth £285 if they didn’t win anything. They could have advertised it as including a season ticket “worth up to £285”.