The Queen of the South thread

I do wonder if Higginbotham will end up with us. No idea if AJ got on with him or not but it wouldn't be the first time a person I don't particularly like signs for us [emoji38]

Todd may still be here, Martin & Stirling away, Mercer? Marshall prob stay or leave football, Brownlie Murray Doyle Jacobs hopefully stay. Johnston already has players lined up heard 2/3 names today that could be coming thru the door.. THE BOARD needs to Back the manager or we'll be in same position again this time next year.. 
Which names have you heard?

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
Well, see you fuckos next season. All I'm thinking is "Dobbie, please retire! Dobbie, Dobbie, please retire!"

He does like a goal against The Dees.

Bravo! The man gets it. Pretty sure he likes a goal against everybody tbf.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 09/03/2019 at 17:45, VinnyPar said:

AJ till the end of the season?

Saviour :thumsup2

On 09/03/2019 at 17:09, Marshmallo said:

We're coming for you

We're coming for you

You farmer b*****ds

We're coming for you

lol this aged well...

Ok so who would everyone keep I'd keep leifield mercer doyle Murray possibly marshsll and Stirling although can't see the latter as he never even made it off the bench yesterday

Jacobs I'm not to bothered about

In Conor’s post-match interview he said he was hoping to stay , get that man signed up immediately.

Of those who aren’t moving on, there’s none in the ‘must rid’ category, but we need to strengthen otherwise we’ll be back in the same place next year. 

Suspect Fordyce won’t be retained. I’d keep Stirling, he has the ability,  AJ can maybe get him producing it more often.

For me, Murray and Marshall yes, everyone else maybe aye, maybe no.

Next season?:

Martin: no
Mercer: yes
Marshall: yes
Fordyce: no
Brownlie: no
Doyle: yes
Stirling: yes
Jacobs: yes
McGrath: no
Mehmet: yes
Murray: yes
Leighfield: yes

I think that’s everyone that’s been playing recently. I’d also keep Bell, got game time at EK so hopefully bulked up a bit and more confident. It took Murray a couple of years to show his potential, hopefully Bell is the same.

Don’t think we can go binning the whole squad, bar 2 or 3, and expect to do that well next season. Need to keep the spine of the team together, and sign well around it.

In terms of loan players I’d take Wilson back in a heartbeat. Semple (pre-ban) wasn’t getting much chances at County, if he ends up clubless, along with Durnan, we’d have a very solid centre-half combo

15 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Todd may still be here, Martin & Stirling away, Mercer? Marshall prob stay or leave football, Brownlie Murray Doyle Jacobs hopefully stay. Johnston already has players lined up heard 2/3 names today that could be coming thru the door.. THE BOARD needs to Back the manager or we'll be in same position again this time next year.. 

Todd is away to Dundee will make no difference that they are in the Championship he will still earn a lot more playing for Dundee .

The board who got it right getting rid of Naysmith when many fans wanted to keep him must somehow find money to back Johnson it won't be easy as we will again have the smallest full time budget in the league .

The likes of Fox Durnan and Holt will be out of our price range we will again have to try and get loan signing in it is the only way we can do it with the budget we have 

Think it would be reckless for any fans who have watched Martin the last few seasons to say keep him, BUT he is a former Scotland U21 keeper (from memory) and his issues have clearly come from playing while injured and losing confidence, and he's let in 1 goal in his last 3 games under AJ while showing increasing confidence (even coming off his goal line) ...and AJ has said everyone gets a clean slate, so I can understand why AJ might decide to keep him.

Well done Queens, your decent or better performances were far higher than League 1 deserves, where the f**k the constant period of crap ones came from I've no idea.

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Think it would be reckless for any fans who have watched Martin the last few seasons to say keep him, BUT he is a former Scotland U21 keeper (from memory) and his issues have clearly come from playing while injured and losing confidence, and he's let in 1 goal in his last 3 games under AJ while showing increasing confidence (even coming off his goal line) ...and AJ has said everyone gets a clean slate, so I can understand why AJ might decide to keep him.

As posted elsewhere he had 2 utter bomb scare moments in the 2 Raith games. So even when his performance improved he still made a couple of awful errors.

My friend's wife described him yesterday as looking like a subbuteo figure.

Related image

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

As posted elsewhere he had 2 utter bomb scare moments in the 2 Raith games. So even when his performance improved he still made a couple of awful errors.

My friend's wife described him yesterday as looking like a subbuteo figure.

Related image

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes can we get better than Martin ?.

He is not perfect but he is easily the best keeper of the 3 we have just now .