The Queen of the South thread

28 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

Durnan and Holt will be back plus another 5 want to come in

Would welcome both Durnan & Holt back.  Another 5 want to come in? 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

When I was watching the game against Aberdeen the commentator said that there was a couple of clubs intrested or enquired about Marshall. I'm sure it was mentioned twice. If so, hopefully Holt is his replacement. 

One good thing about the playoffs is Conor Murray getting a run in the team and a bit of confidence against League One opposition. A microcosm of what happened for the last young crop of players under the same manager. Any idea if there are any other promising young players coming through?

Mercer.  Doyle.  Brownlie  

Murray Jacobs  Marshall 

Stirling  Leighfield Martin 

All the players that I want to keep.

Only Dobbie is signed for next season  going to be a busy few days for Alan Johnston  

Martin has played well enough in the playoffs to get a new contract so has Brownlie .

Dykes and more so for me Todd are going to be hard to replace .

Murray Jacobs  Marshall 
Only Dobbie is signed for next season  going to be a busy few days for Alan Johnston  
Martin has played well enough in the playoffs to get a new contract so has Brownlie .
So you're happy to keep a combination defence that conceded 34 goals from crosses? I suppose if we did get shot of them there's a chance we could improve at the back which would be disastrous news for you.

Mercer.  Doyle.  Brownlie   Murray Jacobs  Marshall 

Martin can get to f**k. Adequate in 3 out of 4 play off matches (and even then he got away with huge errors in both Raith games) doesn’t compensate for an utterly abject 2 seasons even before we get to him abusing our own fans. Loads of better keepers out there. Utterly astonishing that anyone with our clubs best interests at heart would suggest we keep him.

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
35 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:
Murray Jacobs  Marshall 

So you're happy to keep a combination defence that conceded 34 goals from crosses? I suppose if we did get shot of them there's a chance we could improve at the back which would be disastrous news for you.

Mercer Doyle Brownlie Marshall who would you get rid of .

Alan Martin can Queens get any better 

Mercer Doyle Brownlie Marshall who would you get rid of .
Alan Martin can Queens get any better 
Doyle is a handy player to have and someone I want to stay. Marshall will likely be gone. I wouldn't be in the least bit gutted if Mercer or Brownlie weren't kept on. Apparently AJ likes Brownlie so I expect he'll be staying. We can do better than Martin and pay less money as well I'd expect. I expect you are trolling if you'd be happy keeping the majority of our defence given it's been the biggest reason why we were playing today.

Why's there such a belief Marshall will get a move this time?

He's done ok this season, but no better than he'd done in the previous couple before he failed to land a contract as a free agent last summer.  Throw in that he's been part of a notably poor defence this time round and I don't see how his stock has risen.

Has there been interest that people know about?

I would think Fordyce and Stirling will be gone. Potentially Mercer. 

Connor, Doyle  and Marshall offered  new deals.  Would imagine Brownlie as well although think we could do better. 

Martin have a feeling we'll keep him. 

Marshall, Doyle and Murray would be the only players I’d be overly bothered about keeping and I’d imagine we’ll face competition for the first two.

I could cope with Mercer, Brownlie and Jacobs staying if it came to pass. All can be very good on their day but are also prone to calamitous brainfarts. If they keep it simple and accept their limitations they could do a job as squad players at least.

The rest can f**k the f**k off, and once they get there f**k off some more.

Murray and Doyle would be the only players I'd want to keep. I never want to see Jacobs in a Queens shirt again...a willing worker but so unbelievably limited on the ball it holds us back so much! A complete clear out needed and hopefully AJ can get some sort of quality in to ease the burden on Sir Stephen!!

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Murray Jacobs  Marshall 

Todd may still be here, Martin & Stirling away, Mercer? Marshall prob stay or leave football, Brownlie Murray Doyle Jacobs hopefully stay. Johnston already has players lined up heard 2/3 names today that could be coming thru the door.. THE BOARD needs to Back the manager or we'll be in same position again this time next year..