The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

What the hell were Brechin doing at Station Park! :D

Staging a league game, which their own ground couldn't manage at the time.

It means bizarrely that the three divisional titles we've ever won, were all clinched at Forfar.

9 hours ago, euanQOS said:

When was the last time Queens scored five in one half? The last time I can remember off the top of my head was when we won the league against Brechin Station Park. One for Skyline probably!

5 hours ago, Pumpkin Escobar said:

We scored 5 in the second half against Berwick in the League Cup in 2017.

We did it twice in the division 2 season, so it's the third time it's happened under AJ. The first was the Arbroath game where we went in to half time 1-0 down and having had Durnan sent off after 20 minutes. We played 3-3-3 in the second half and tore them apart.

38 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I see Dundee have sacked Jim McIntyre. How do pre contracts work? What happens to players (Josh Todd) who have a pre contract and then a new manager comes in who may not want him? Is there a chance we could retain Josh Todd?

I’m sure I read a post saying they’re not legally binding but just an arrangement. 

3 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I’m sure I read a post saying they’re not legally binding but just an arrangement. 

They ARE legally binding in civil terms on the individual parties but not with the football authorities. Dundee cant make Josh Todd sign for them if he chooses not to. Josh Todd cant force Dundee to sign him if a new manager chooses not to. But there would be a breach of civil contract and compensation would likely be payable if the wrong party took civil action in court. 

They ARE legally binding in civil terms on the individual parties but not with the football authorities. Dundee cant make Josh Todd sign for them if he chooses not to. Josh Todd cant force Dundee to sign him if a new manager chooses not to. But there would be a breach of civil contract and compensation would likely be payable if the wrong party took civil action in court. 
So in theory could the club, if it wanted to, ask Josh Todd to reconsider and stay with us?

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm. We wont get another first half like today, which reminded you of another first half we had earlier this season....... 

:huh:

The point I was trying to make is that we won't get anywhere near a 5 nil half time lead against Raith .They are a full time team who are a far better side then Montrose they have players who could easily play at a higher level and in Nisbet they have a forward in top form scoring over 30 goals .

5 hours ago, Jan mosniack said:

Think Stephen has now scored a hat trick against a team from all four divisions. Must be some sort of a record.

Prem: Dundee

Champ: Falkirk, Ayr, Alloa

Lge 1: Montrose

Lge 2: Clyde.

That's some stats right enough, I'd be very surprised if it'd been done before

Prem: Dundee
Champ: Falkirk, Ayr, Alloa
Lge 1: Montrose
Lge 2: Clyde.
That's some stats right enough, I'd be very surprised if it'd been done before
Just informed my Mrs of this info and she said "I bet Suzanne was like "fur f**k sake Stephen, no another baw"". [emoji38]